Chapter 9

OMG 100 READS!!! I never actually thought my story would get read that much. It's mind blowing! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT YOU READ ME WEIRDNESS.

THANK YOUUU!!!

Percy P.O.V

Telling everyone I'm a merman? It's not as easy as it sounds. I mean where do I get the courage to do that? What, did you seriously think I'm one of those mindless people who do things without thinking? Well, yeah, sometimes. But not today. It's not my reputation I'm scared about, more the fact that they will change the way they look at me. With a hint of distrust and laughter. And not the nice kind of laughter. The kind that says "we think you are a fool." But Will is right. I should let them know. Who knows, maybe they'll take it well and accept me.

ARGH! All this thinking was giving me a headache.

I had to clear my head, cause I felt a headache approache. That's what happens if you think too much. I wonder how Annabeth always felt. I mean her mother is the goddess of thinking.....now I get why she always has this bad temper. She should relax more and go swimming. And that's what dad probably said and now they hate each other.

My train of thought (?) was interrupted by a glow far back in the dark. I have never seen this part of the lake. The colourful corals and algae were gone and replaced by black sand and pointy rocks. The glow was somewhere in a cave at the bottom of the lake.

My curiosity took over. I had to know what the source was. I headed down. The water became darker until it turned fully black. The sun was only the size of a star and barley shone through.  My instincts screamed to go away, but I didn't care I felt so drawn to the glow, which seemed to grow.

It was an amulet. A golden amulet with a emerald forged into it. I had to squint my eyes to make out the details. Old runes littered the amulet, it looked like a very old language. It had a very dangerous aura and I was pretty sure I heard whispers. Whispers saying "Be ware, don't touche. Who touches is doomed." I felt my arm reach out, despite all the voices. I felt my hand grab the surface of the amulet, smooth and cold.

The last thing I saw was green smoke, forming into a grinning head of a woman,before it shot into me. Then I blacked out.

3. Person P.O.V (Gods Council Hall)

It was a mess. All the Gods where shouting at each other. Accusing everyone for making the mist disappear. Especially Zeus and Poseidon.

Zeus thought Poseidon made the mist disappear so he can take over the power. He thought, that after the war Poseidon saw it as his opportunity to take attack, to take over and rule the world.

Poseidon on the other hand was defending himself. He thought it was outrageous how his brother was acting. Zeus was just another powerhungry pig with attitude.

"Oh for our sake, Zeus, This is madness. Do you really think I would endanger us, our family, the world? Everyone who was kept safe by the mist is now in danger. Do you really think I would do something like that?"

Poseidon was right. Who in the right mind would just turn off the mist? Hecate was asked numerous times and everytime they had the same result...Nothing. Hecate knew nothing about what happened. Neither did she know how to revers it. It was hopeless.

"OF COURSE YOU WOULD! YOU ALWAYS HAVE SOME REASON TO DESTROY EVERYTHING, SO WHY NOT NOW? WHY NOT RIP THE WORLD OUT OF MY HANDS WHILE WE'RE STILL RECOVERING FROM THE WAR AGAINST GAEA?!?!?!"

"He does have a point, you know. Poseidon I mean", Athena piped in, " he wouldn't just take away a mythological creatures survival away. That's not him. And there is still Percy out there. Poseidon wouldn't harm him."

"If it wasn't Poseidon then who was it?"

"I don't know. But who ever it was, is very old and powerful."

The hall went quiet. Who was powerfull enough to cause the mist to vanish?

Unknown P.O.V ( 3 Pers.)

Evil laughter filled the room, when someone shouted: " WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?"

************************************************************

Thank You again for 106 Reads. It means a lot to me. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Who do you think yelled/laughed??
What's up with the amulet???
I'm curious tell me( write it in the comment section)

I hope you have a happy easter... don't eat too much chocolate;)

See ya next time

BookHippocampi out!!