9-Wreck? Pt.2

*Justin's POV*
I opened my eyes and blinked a couple times. I looked around the room with just my eyes because I was scared to move too much. I saw white walls and to my left I saw machines.

Hospital. I'm in a hospital. What happened? The wreck!

Suddenly the door opened and a man in a doctors coat came in, followed by my mom and like two other nurses.

"Good morning Justin," the doctors started.
"Oh Justin!" My mom said, running over to me and gently hugging me.
"Justin do you remember what happened?" He doctor asked me.
"Uh, yeah... I was in the wrong lane I think and I almost hit another car but I swerved over and slammed on the brakes." I said, thinking hard to remember.
"Yes, and you sustained a few very severe injuries, the most severe being your collapsed lungs. Those machines right there are the only thing keeping you alive at the moment. You should be fine as long as you stay connected to them. And in a few weeks your lungs should be strong enough to work on their own but until then you'll need to stay here in the hospital." He finished.

"Okay, thank you doctor." I said, tears brimming in my eyes.
"Yes and I'll be in to check up in you shortly." He responded, leaving me alone in the room with just my mom, who was now in tears.

Wow, these are the only thing keeping me alive? I didn't think the wreck was that bad.. wait. What happened to the other car?

"Mom?" I asked.
"Yes honey?" She responded.
"The other car," I started, "how are they? Who was in it?" I asked nervously.
"Well honey, there were 2 teenagers about your age in the car. They had a few injuries too, they're actually here too just a few rooms down. The girl is in a coma, and the boy only had a few broken bones." She answered.
"Who was it?" I asked, getting more worried.
"Well, the one girls name was Elaine, and the boy was Raegan." She said, trying to think hard about the names.

Elaine. No, it can't be. I didn't hurt Elaine did I? This is all my fault omg.

Suddenly the room started shaking and my heart felt like it had been ripped out of my chest. I started sitting up and noticed that I couldn't get out of bed while I was plugged into these machines. I yanked they tubes out of my arm and then pulled the wires off of my chest.

"Justin what are you doing?!" My mom said, freaking out.

Blood dropped from my arm out of the hole where the IV was. I stood up carefully and felt a pain in my leg. I looked down and saw that my leg was all different shades of purple and green. I put weight on it and tears started falling out. I started walking out of the room and down down the hall.

"Sir?" I heard a kind voice say. "What are you doing? You can't be out of bed."

I started walking faster, almost running at this point.

"Elaine?!" I yelled, but my throats was dry and my voice was shaky. "Elaine!" I yelled again, looking quickly in all the windows as I passed.

Suddenly I saw her. I looked in the window and here she was, laying on the hospital bed, tubes coming out of her nose and IV's in her arm. I can't believe I did this to her.

I felt a sharp pain in my chest and then realized I didn't have much time left. I pushed open the door and ran up to her bedside.

"Elaine," I cried, "Elaine please wake up, you can't die. I can't believe I did this to you Elaine. You're so important to me and I keep hurting you. Please Elaine." I said, my voice shaky and cracking.

I felt the pain in my heat again and I fell to the floor in pain. I struggled to breathe and attempted to stand back up.

Then the doors burst open and two doctors run in followed by 4 nurses. I felt their hands on me as they tried to pick me up. I could see their mouths moving but couldn't hear anything. They lifted me up and onto a bed, ripping my "nightgown" up and rubbing a cold liquid on my chest. I looked over at Elaine, who was still passed out. Another tear fell from my eye and everything went black and I heard a long beeeeep.