CH 6: New Feelings

After we finished our conversation and eating we cleaned up together, then went to bed. Scott said I could sleep in his sister's old bed room because he didn't have a guess room. It felt odd, but I was tired and needed to sleep for work.

***************next morning *************
I yawned as my eyes flickered opened, then I stretched my stiff back. I still felt so tired like I haven't gotten any sleep at all, but I have a job to keep. If I could I would be lazy all day in this peaceful, light house without the heaviness of smoke, alcohol, or my parents fighting.

I heard a shower go off from across the hall and I sat up. Scott must be taking a shower, but I got up and checked the time. it was three hours before work.

I spotted my unfirom on top of the desk near the door, clean and dried. My stomach rumbled, telling me it's time for breakfast. I stayed in the room for a bit going through my phone for anything important and thinking about my first check I'll get soon. why doesn't it matter anyway because I'll be giving it to the step witch,  then I'll get my car taken away. can anything get any worse...?

I turned off my phone and layed back down in the bed with a sigh. I rested for a coupleof minutes until I couldn't stand the noise my stomach was making. I didn't want to be rude, but I heard the shower go off after a bit longer when I go up to the door.

I opened the door to peaked my head out and I saw Scott walking down the hallway drying his hair with his towel and his security uniform on.

"Good Morning,"he smiled at me."If you want I know a place where we can get breakfast."

I nodded, smiling at the thought of food that made Scott chuckle.

"We will leave soon, just go get changed."

I nodded and went back into the room to get into my security uniform.

************fast forward because me is lazy***************

We headed to work in Scott's car after we got breakfast. The car ride was silent and a bit awkward for some reason, but I got a question in my mind I've been wanting to ask.

"...so did you ever have a girlfriend?"I broke the silence."I'm just cirious."

Scott looked at me then back at the road.

"um..no, besides nobody will never date a man that wears a phone head,"he cleared his throat uncomfortably.

"oh,"I said surprised."well don't feel bad because I'm single too...mostly because I was bullied a lot in school, but them again I never thought it important at that time."

"That time,"Scott said interested.

I felt my cheeks heat up.

"I-I mean I guess...I wouldn't  mind now...especially with the situation I'm in now...it's hard to say,"I tried to mumble.

I could feel my nerves switch a bit from the conversation. why am I feeling this way? It's just a normal conversation.

"What situation?"he asked curiously.

"...it's nothing... just private,"I looked out the window, seeing the pizzaria come into view.

He nodded understanding and didn't ask any questions. We sat in silence, until he parked the car in the parking lot.

"By the way, what's with the Vincent guy?"

Scott turned off the ignition and turned to me.

"I know he's a bit strange, but can be a good friend...sometimes,"he explained."He is a very big flirt, but I wouldn't recommend dating him."

"I think he is interesting, but I'm not into big flirts,"I smirked.

Scott smiled and we got out the car to start our day at work again that was full of screaming children. I put on my hat and entered the pizza smelling place with the creepy animatronics.

I put my things in the break room, but after I got started everything seemed to move so slow. It got to the point where I started to dose off into my thoughts. I started to think about last night, I mean Scott seemed very worried about me when he caught me in the rain. I was so shocked when he insisted on helping me, I never had a friend before.

I looked at my bandaged hand and still remembered his soft touch with my wound. I wonder what it would feel like against my cheek.

...wait...what?

I shook my head away from those thoughts, but the heat on my face wouldn't go away. I just met the man and now I'm getting those thoughts?

I felt my shoulders jump when I felt a tap on my back.

"Excuse me sir,"a sweet voice said.

I turned around and her eyes widened.

"I-I'm so so sorry!,"she panicked."I didnt know-"

"It's fine,"I assured her."What do you need?"

"I'm looking Mike Schmidt,"She looked the other way while playing with a strand of her brown hair.

Her green eyes sparkled even though she was shy. She looked shy and timid as she worn a blue collared shirt with a skirt. Not to mention she was a bit shorter then me.
"He is in the office down the hallway,"I pointed to the direction.

The girl nodded and quickly made her way to the direction I showed her. Scott walked up next to me looking at the girl disappear.

"That is Mike's girlfriend,"he said."She's a bit shy when she is talking to someone or around people she doesn't know."

"I thought Mike was a bit too aggressive to have a girlfriend,"I stuffed my hands in my pocket.

"Mike likes to act stuff and aggressive, but when she's around she brings out something in Mike I rarely ever see,"Scott explained.

************work is boring**********

Scott dropped me off at home after our shift ended. My parents weren't home at the moment, but I had to climb back in my room through my window to unlock the door. I put my paycheck on the kitchen table and went back to my room to enjoy the peace for now. Maybe I can look for an apartment for myself, I couldn't stay here forever anyway. I always wanted to travel and get my life started. It may take some time to do that, but I sure will be worth it.

While I was at work though I got to know Mike and his girlfriend. Turns out they have been dating for 2 years now. Not to mention I got to learn about Vincent better and he maybe inappropriate at time, but he does have a soft heart.

I picked up a book and started too read a bit while I listened to music. This went on until dark approached and I heard my parents come in the house, arguing. I huffed and turned off my music and stretched my arms, until I heard the doorbell ring.