14.5 - TOGETHER IN HARMONY

FINN'S POV

We've been training the whole eventide so we decided to take a break and sleep. Surprisingly, I had to convince her to take a rest because she kept attempting many more practices after failing multiple times.

I slid my blanket off me then stretched out after a long exhausting practice yesterday. We've been arguing when it all came to holding the sword. I hopped off my bed then scuffed next to her organized bed. I peeped through the window pane after hearing voices from the outside, that's when I realized she was training all morning. I went downstairs to grab a slice of bread before meeting her. 

"She didn't even wait for me."

I slouched down on the couch in a distance. After finishing up, I saw a note under the plate written in familiar handwriting.

Hey Finn!
I'll be going out to meet up with my wife, Lady to meet the kids. See you later then, I'll be home too. Good luck teaching Y/n. Hehe ;)

J.T.D

"Silly dog..." I snorted, remembering how he gave me a look last night. After sliding the note in my pocket, I walked towards the doorstep while watching Y/n perform the steps that I taught her yesterday. I slouched down on a log, far from her, where she started spinning her sword around, thrusting it and hitting the dummy that we built last night. She told me that if we build a dummy, she can take a rest. 

"Oh, you're awake."

She sat down beside me, her hair all wrapped in a bun. "I just had this weird dream from a wisp, again." She emphasizes the last word she said, "She told me that my sister is still alive. I still don't think it's possible."

"Why not possible?" I cocked an eyebrow. "I'm positive she's fine."

"No, that won't happen. Zankoku wanted the inheritor so much to stop the heirs. There's a possibility that he'll kill my sister." She frowned.

"I have to be brave enough to save myself or my sister." She smirked, pulling me off the log while she tossed my sword from the table. "I'll bring back my home."

"Ready?" I raised my sword then smiled. 

"Is that even a question?" she chuckled.

I can't help but stare at her gleaming eyes. Every time she glares at me genuinely, I felt threatened. She's different.

Before she had the chance to haul, I ran towards her to ambush her. She did the same way, carrying her sword in both hands.

"Finn, watch out!"

A rock hit my ankle. I stumbled down across her to roll down the ground, toppling over her; her face under my gaze only an inch left between our faces. "F-Finn?" She mumbled in between her breaths. "Sorry..." I grabbed her hand to stand up.

"It's... it's fine." Y/n stammered.

❇ ❇ ❇

"Thanks," she smiled after chugging the water bottle that I lent just a minute ago. I watched the bright blue sky for a while as she finishes up. I still can't remember how our eyes locked instantly the moment I met her face. 

Y/n suddenly poked my cheek then said, "Stop wondering, start focusing." She winked teasingly, her giggles filling up my morning. Out of blue, I pulled her towards me to tease her too.

"Are you ready?" I raised an eyebrow but she didn't respond, instead, she rolled her eyes then pouted.

"FINN! FINN!"

"Peppermint Buttler? what are you doing here?"

"The princess told me... That... T-that..." he catches his breath then continued, "...Mr. Cupcake drank a potion by accident. It made him large!"

"What!"

———

"Oh, there you are. Where's Jake?"

"He's with Lady and the kids," I replied.

"This might be a little difficult for the both of you because you need to bring this potion to Mr. Cupcake so he'll drink it before he explodes. He'll explode if those toxins stay in his body." Princess Bubblegum gave Y/n a large bottle of blue water.

"You bring that potion while I keep him busy, got it?" She hummed then off she zoomed to Mr. Cupcake's thigh.

"MR. CUPCAKE!" I waved but he didn't see me. He was too huge to see me from this place.

"Finn, take this with you. Just don't let the gas exceed its limit." She lent me a rocket backpack which brought me to fly towards Mr. Cupcake. (Y/n already reached the top to pour the liquid in his mouth. 

"RAAA!"

What? What's happening?

"Princess!" I landed down the ground gently, "What's happening to him? Why was he gone mad?"

"The energy toxins must have filled his entire system. Quick, tell Y/n to pour the antidote, he'll explode soon!"

I activated the rocket backpack then flew near Y/n where she can easily hear me. She struggled in her position to pour the antidote. However, the rocket backpack started warning me. "(Y/N)! POUR THE ANTIDOTE!"

"I CAN'T! HE'S SO SHAKY."

Mr. Cupcake suddenly stopped then yawned in cue, "NOW!" Y/n leaped onto his face, crawling up to his mouth, pouring a whole bottle of antidote. Just as the backpack had turned red and flashed multiple warning signs, I immediately told her to jump so I can catch her. She refused, although she managed to tighten her grip on its face, "Are you crazy? He'll shrink soon and this backpack will lose gas. Jump now before any of those would happen! Trust me, I won't let you fa--"

*WARNING* *WARNING*

"FINN!" I held her in a tight embrace like the way I did to her back before she tried killing herself. Unfortunately, when we lost our balance, we were about to hit the ground so I called for Princess Bubblegum's help. 

"WE'RE GONNA DIE!"

"No, we're n--"

*PLOP*

"What? But how?"

"Jelly?" Y/n grinned after staring at the strawberry jelly that was placed before we hit the ground.

"Hurray to Finn and Y/n!"

"Thanks for catching me, I thought I'll die." she hugged me tightly then whispered,

"Thanks for being with me too."

❇ ❇ ❇

- edited