REGRETS IN DECISIONS

❇ TAKARA ISLAND ❇

Meanwhile in your hometown, at the same time that is happening in the Land of Ooo...

Through the dark, the dull and lifeless throne of Takara, two superior humans stood before all the Outsiders that encircled the statue of Princess Jane of Takara. This was a curse that is locally known as Isolation Gem.

Phoebe stood next to the cruel king, desperately scrutinizing the statue of the cursed princess. Her statue stood near them where Jane's startled reaction is seen by the whole kingdom. In just seconds, scales of amethyst, ruby, sapphire, and pearl gems covered her bruised skin that reached her whole body. If the glow from her twin sister didn't bind her figure, she will never go back to her human flesh. 

According to myths, legends, fairytales, and beliefs of Takaran people, if a Takaran Princess had the final agony in her entire life, her skin will be empowered with scales of gems and will transform her into an ordinary stone. To avoid making the curse permanent, her sister shall break the curse before the pink moon of the third Sunday. Otherwise, she'll perish in death's arrival.

"Will you at least explain to me what happened?" a cold feeling ran through Phoebe's spine by the time Zankoku had his choice of tone. His tone somewhat threatened the Fate Witch to answer his question.

"Some say that if a Takaran princess had her last torture, she'll turn into a statue."

"A statue?" Zankoku raised his voice in front of the trembling Fate Witch which brought her to step away from him. He slipped his sword away from his scabbard until it stroked the tiles' gaps, reaching out to touch Phoebe's chin.

"Why didn't you tell me in the first place?!" Lifting Phoebe's chin with the tip of his sword, she was receiving multiple chants from the Outsiders like "Kill her!" and "The witch is a traitor!"

All eyes were on her, particularly Zankoku's threatening glare. 

"D-don't kill me, please." Phoebe pleaded.

"I...p-promise, I'll be telling you everything I know." 

The whetted end of his sword dripped in her blood, rushing Phoebe to blurt out everything she knows from the very beginning.

She can't utter anything at first but seeing herself like how Zankoku constantly slay those who betrayed him is the reason why she had to save herself from this mistake.

"The only way to break the curse of the isolation gem," she muttered during her hyperventilating pause, "is the collision of her twin sister's affection glow."

Zankoku plastered a cheeky smirk before interrupting the pathetic face of the Fate Witch, "And?"

"And... her sister is located in the Land of Ooo where Jane was seen by the Outsiders."

"Do you know what I do to those who betrayed me?" he slipped his sword back to his scabbard, pushing her with great impact to fall on the floor in a loud thud. He knelt in front of her wailing figure where she retorted a shameful reaction of begging for mercy.

Zankoku spat out his saliva at her chest. If he had the urge to spit out his anger to one of those who disrespect him, his men assumed that there will be a consistent punishment.

"You!" he gestures at his men from the crowd who continued chanting and howling like a Doberman breed of dogs.

"Burn her alive."

They all acclaimed in sync. Phoebe was dragged by the chosen Outsiders, away from the crowd and the statue. 

Phoebe's wailing and whining were only heard in the background, including the crowd's great exhilaration. 

"Journey to the island where you found the princess. Bring the last Takaran princess here at once!"

And so every Outsider made their separated ways. Some are those to the Fate Witch's side and the rest were on their way to the Land of Ooo to capture the last inheritor of the royal blood.

❇️❇️❇️

- edited