Chapter Three

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT, IT REALLY HELPS!

I was still skipping down the hall when a young man, mid twenties, nerdy looking, stopped me.

“Miss.” He called out, waving his hand. I wondered what I had done wrong. Was the skipping a bit much? Possibly too loud?

“Yes?” my voice was slow, curious. Everyone had now caught up to me and stood slightly behind me.

“All contestants that got through this audition are invited to a sort of after party if you will. It is to get to know the judges and them get to know you. Your family are invited, too.” He replied, smiling slightly. He seemed like one of those boys that would have been very quiet at school. The ones that never talk much and you usually forget they’re even there unless you have to approach them.

“Oh really?” the shock was evident in my voice.

“Yes, it’s a new thing we have brought in. Simon’s idea.” The man replied. I gave him a thankful nod and he walked off, down the other direction.

I turned to everyone, “up for it?”

They all agreed happily, but I don’t think it was for me. I know for a fact that Lily and Amanda are dying to meet Niall. They were extremely jealous that he hugged me a few short weeks ago. I also know that my mum and dad would love to meet Simon. The chances that Zach would want to meet Nicole are also high. I think she’s his celebrity crush. Maybe my granddad would be interested in meeting Sharon, also?

We then started making our way towards a different room that someone else was directing us to. Apparently this would be where we all mingle, maybe have a drink or two, even though I'm not even legal yet, I'm sure my mum could sneak one in, or even Zach as he’s just turned eighteen.

We made our way into a large room, there was already other contestants that I recognised in here. The room was slightly dark, creating an atmosphere. It had some tables scattered across the room and a bar with all types of drinks sat on it.

We were informed shortly after making our entrance that the judges were just finishing up and then will make their way to this room.

~

Just as said, the judges arrived around twenty minutes or so after we had gotten here.

I was just given drink, vodka and coke, by Zach and he made his way to some boys that he met earlier, leaving me on my own.

I saw Lily and Amanda talking in the corner of the room, and started making my way over there when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and came face to face with Niall.

“Hi.” He smiled sweetly at me.

“Oh hello,” I said, giving him my full attention. “How are you?”

“Good, I just wanted to come and talk to you. Your voice amazed me today,” he explained.

“Wow, thank you. I'm still in so much shock if I'm honest, I didn’t realise that I would get that sort of reaction, it’s crazy,” I said. My eyes drifted off for a second to Zach, I wanted to see if he was looking my way. He wasn’t, he had his back facing me.

“I know how you feel. Having that sort of reaction never ceases to amaze me, even today, I remember being what you are at the moment and reactions from crowds was immense,” the grin on his face was evident. You could see he loves singing.

“It’s comforting having a judge that’s been through what I'm going through, you were only on here what, four years ago?” he nodded, “so that makes me feel better, that I can come to you if I make it any further.”