"Because we still don't know the full extent of these black outs, we will have to put you through a study. If we can figure out the exact triggers of these periodic black outs that send you into a cannibalization frenzy, we may discover the root of the Titans as well."

Sitting in the center of a court room, Trinity was sitting in a wooden chair that squeaked if he adjusted in the slightest bit and his hands were tied with rope behind the backing of the chair. He nodded, willing and able to participate. He too wanted to get to the bottom of this.

The man with the snowy white hair and beard sitting in the highest court seat adjusted the glasses on the bridge of his nose and cleared his throat. "Now, you aren't on trial for anything. At least for now. Do you understand?"

Trinity nodded, signaling for the judge to continue. "I understand you've experienced black outs both times you attacked Commander Arik and Cadet Sven. Willing or not, your circumstances will be studied before any judgement shall be passed over you. So I will ask; young Trinity, are you willing to let the military study you?"

"Yes, your honor."

The man looked over the rim of his glasses and smiled. "Good. That makes this easier. I will continue to grant Commander Arik permission to keep you under his supervision in the meantime until the military requests your presence. Any objections?"

Trinity looked around at his minor audience consisting of Sven, Captain Li, Melvin, and Ada sitting on the benches on the left side of the room and Commander Arik and Marco stood on the right side of the room, all held back by wood rails. No one dared to raise their voice or hands. Doing so would a move of stupidity and thoughtlessness on their part.

"Commander Arik." Arik stepped forward when his name was called.

"A mandate will be issued to notify the both of you that testing will commence. Do you understand that?"

Arik bowed from the waist up. "I do, sir."

"Excellent and you are willing and able to house and board young Trinity here?"

"I am, sir."

"Good, good. I'll legally grant you guardianship as he is only 17 and this is under very unique circumstances. Until then, Trinity, good luck." And with the hammer of the gavel striking down onto the the surface of his throne before getting up and walking into a backroom at the bottom of the stairs preceding up to the judges throne.

Trinity was handcuffed. "Sorry about that. Security measures."

He smiled at the guard who unchained him. "Thank you, officer."

"So the runt is now a lab rat?" Sven and his comrades made their way to him.

"Yes, it appears so. I can't say I blame them."

"So, what now?" Melvin questioned.

"Now," Arik's deep, booming voice easily echoed off the walls and dome ceiling. It was easy to make his presence known. "We wait. Despite the missions to the outside these last few days, titan activity has ceased to exist near the wall and the peace is to be taken advantage of. If we can figure out what Trinity possesses then we might figure out the cure to our titan infestation."

"So, what will they do to the brat?" Sven asked, narrowing his eyes at the Commander.

"From what I've heard, they'll put him into a situation of high stress and wait for a reaction. There many types of stressful situations and they'll put him through each trip. Then they'll be able to figure which situation triggers his flesh eating half. So, there's a couple theories about this hunger: 1. When you're starving, your body will involuntarily look to the closet thing to it that has nutrients like protein and act on its carnivorous. primal desires. Yes, people resort to cannibalism when they're put to the test, when they're pushed to the very edge of their sanity. Or theory number 2. As I've hypothesized on my own time, he may not even be natural born and is just a product of a science experiment to re-evalutate the limitations the human body has and how to advance the strength of humans. But, that came at a price. Just a couple ongoing theories I'm trying to dissect."