The physically, grueling pain was the best part. The feeling of the sting of the lash against his bared skin fueled his animalistic side. He fought to repress a growl by biting his bottom lip until it bled. His body was dying to sink its teeth into some human flesh. He was trying to control the titan appetite within in him but, it was becoming increasingly difficult especially when the scent of human hung in the air. The aroma was deliciously intoxicating and his body automatically stepped forward towards the direction the scent was wafting from but, the tug on his ankle reminded him that he wasn't going anywhere.

"Try to fight it, Trinity," Arik ordered. "Remember that you're human."

Trinity jerked his head in the direction of the glass window half the size of the dull, gray wall of which Commander Arik, Captain Marco, and various other authorized military personnel stood behind observing his actions.

"We're trying to train you fight it." Arik spoke into the speaker. Trinity groaned, turning his head away from his audience and back to the back who was whipping him every time he snarled. The best thing about the pain was that it was a constant reminder. A reminder to not fail. If he were to fail, he would be opened up and studied and if it came to that, so be it then. Thinking back to what Edward confessed the other day also helped keep his grip on his humanity. He would never become like his twin. He was fighting to hold onto all that was beginning to slip away as his hunger pangs hit in tidal waves.

"I-I-I can't. It's been 3 fucking days." Trinity whimpered. He didn't even have tea to temporarily subside the pain. "Just give me something to eat."

He felt the lick of the whip on his back strike again, earning a cry from his dry and bloody lips. He wrapped an arm around his midsection, trying to suppress the pain in his empty stomach. He could barely hold himself up on all fours. Collapsing onto the cold, hard floor was tempting but, of course they wouldn't let him rest. They wanted to push him until he cracked and he was forcing himself to not give in. But they wanted to see him give in to his titan appetite and after that strange meeting with his twin, he was beginning to refuse too. But, he was so hungry it hurt. The chains attached to the wall and falling around his ankles kept him in place.

"How can I fight it when I'm so weak?" Trinity hissed. "When you're torturing me? It's so difficult to concentrate."

"You can fight it. You need to do this, especially if you want to get out of this. If you want to live among humanity, you must learn to push aside this craving."

"How can you possibly do that when you don't even know what I am?" Trinity snarled, bowing his head. "You keep saying you're training me to fight it but, we all know that's not the case."

Trinity raised his head and glared at the soldier in control of the whip. If the chains didn't restrain his ankles, he would've pounced and ripped the fa-

Stop. No, you can't think about eating anybody. We can't let them see my black out rage. I know I agreed to this but, I was ignorant of their intentions. How can they train me to fight something they don't even understand? How could I have not picked up on that? And this soldier whipping me....he's merely a pawn.

Trinity looked from the soldier to the military officials looking in. His eyes roamed on all of their smug, arrogant faces but his eyes stopped on Arik. Trinity quickly turned his head away.

"Aye, soldier." He pushed himself off all fours and leaned back against the wall.

The soldier frowned in confusion, looking to the window and then back to Trinity. An older general on the other side of the window nodded to him.

"What is it, you parasite?" He snarled.

Trinity rolled his eyes, kicking his legs out. "You do realize why they forced you to do this job, don't you?"