06. The Grand Title

Chapter 6: The Grand Title

"Okay, you can now turn around," Maya said. I slowly turned to face the mirror.

"I gave you a light makeup. Your eyelashes are long already, so I really didn't do anything to it. Your eyebrows are already in good shape, so I just deepened the color a bit." Maya explained as I explored my face.

"Do you like it? I tried my best to contain the natural." Her voice sounded worried as she asked.

"Of course, I do like it. You did well. Thank you." I smiled.

"You look a bit different though", Cora said. "In a good way", she quickly added and I smiled more.

"So, on your wedding, I will just add a bit of color and if you want, I could give you a beauty parlor," Maya suggested.

"I think it's a good idea, but I'm not a fan of someone touching my face and massaging it. I'm sorry", I replied apologetically.

"It's okay. To be honest, I don't like it either. I just love it doing to other people." Maya said.We all laughed at Maya's statement.

"Well, I think we must be going," Cora said.

'Well then, bye Lady Shirayuki. I will see you on your wedding day! I can't wait!" Maya said happily.

I smiled.

"Maya is one of the best royal make-up artists," Cora said gracefully.

I gave a sigh after minutes of walking. My meeting is with-

"Your next meeting is with His Majesty in 5 minutes." Cora interrupted my thought.

Cora and I parted ways. I left to the King's working office hall. I was so nervous, I felt my body temperature rise up. The last time I saw the King was at the public meeting.

I was now in front of the door. One last breath in and out, then I opened the door.

His Majesty sat in the middle of a white three seated couch. He had his coat hung on one of the couch hands. He had his legs crossed, one hand lazily on his lap and the other wide open on top of the couch.

Opposite him was a center table. On the center table were ingredients for tea. A paper, a feather and an ink. And opposite both His Majesty and the center table was another white three seated couch, booked for Lady Shirayuki.

I heard footsteps of heels. As it was near, it suddenly stopped. After seconds, a knock was heard.

"Come in!" I answered.

The door opened and I sighted Lady Shirayuki. She walked in. She looked a bit nervous. She gave a courtesy. Her manners and courtesy have surely improved.

"Have a seat." I gestured towards the couch opposite me. She took her seat. Shirayuki looked a bit different. Her usual look is more appealing. One could guess she had her makeup done by Miss Maya.

I withdrew from my lazy standard to a meaningful position. I drew myself towards the center table and asked:

"Would you like some tea, my lady?"

She looked a bit surprised at my request, but still replied calmly, "I would be honored to be served."

She couldn't in any way deny my proposal. It is a huge disrespect to me or to anyone high classed than her if she would have denied the request.

I readied her tea. Zero ideas, I had about what she dislikes and the opposite, but hardly did I care.

"There you go."