29. Painting Blood

A/N: Bad news: Another academic year has started: Less update.

This chapter was requested by I-Live-For-Anime1 on Wattpad.

She requested if there could be an interaction between Izana and Shirayuki.

I gladly accepted her request.

I have never had a request, so this is new.

And this chapter is decidedly dedicated to her.

Hope you enjoy ;D

Chapter 29: Painting Blood

She took a long, round-type paintbrush from the paintbrush box. The paintbrush box held different types of paintbrushes; such as Flate, Bright, Filbert, Fan, Angular Flat (Shader), Stancil, Mop, Liner, Slant, Rigger, different types of Striper brushes and countless more.

The white paint board; 60 centimeters heightened and 50 centimeters width, faced her, ready to be painted on. Every few milliliter hole was filled with types of paint colors. Choosing the first color was hard, as she wasn't really sure what to paint.

Unexpectedly, Shirayuki had already dipped the Round-named paintbrush on the decent-looking, whiteboard. She kept moving her arms in sync, still not sure what she was painting.

"Quite good looking."

For a second, she almost ran away, until she recognized the voice. She turned and replied, smiling, "Thank you, your Majesty."

His Majesty simply nodded his head, looking further at the painted board.

"I was never aware the Grand Princess knew how to draw beauteously."

Shirayuki blushed lightly. Trying to hide her flushed face, she placed the paintbrush down behind her and once more faced the blue-eyed King. "Thank you for your bright words, your Majesty."

The painted board didn't have any special thing painted on it, just two different flowers in a painted picture; a rose and a lily tangled together. For a special reason, these flowers remind Shirayuki of her love for Zen.

With a small, quick and non-meaningful smile, the monarch made his way to a nearby table and poured himself a glass of water. Very... Uncommon and something a King would definitely not do.

Very puzzled of the King's sudden attitude, Shirayuki asked, trying not to sound desperate for an answer, "What do you seek for, my King?"

He closed his eyes and drank the clean water. His laryngeal prominence (Adam's apple) moved in a rhythmic pace.

Shirayuki obviously looked at the charming king, her emerald fall on his laryngeal prominence. It was even larger-looking with his head a bit up in the air. She shook her head and avoided anymore thoughts.

King Izana placed his glass few centimeters away from the untouched glasses and made his way to his sister-in-law, who looked so confused at his presence.

"You're looking very elegant, Princess."

Shirayuki immediately frowned a bit. For a moment, she was trying to figure what the King really meant by his simple word: 'elegant'. For what she knew, she looked worse than a skeleton with a red hair, light-shaded pink lips, curved eyebrows, long lashes and a large belly.