The Game

We went by the guys locker room an I wished him good luck along with some of the other guys that were going in to change.I headed outside to the football field and found a place to sit near the bottom to get a chance to watch up close. Just as I set my stuff down the cheerleaders came and I saw Annabelle. She must've seen me cause she gave a wink and a little wave in to the crowd. Then the football players came and the student body went wild, and the marching band began playing...

The game was awesome we won 52 - 39. I headed back to the boys locker room right before they went in. I stood waiting and then door opened. Woah they smelled terrible but looked cute with their uniform on the green made them look muscular.

"Great game guys y'all did awesome!" I say and run up to them giving them high fives and doing a handshake (I practiced with them during lunch).

Jake walks up to me, "Hey we will be out in a bit just hold on then if you want to come we are going to go grab some burgers."

Oh my god he looked so hot with the sweat in his hair and his cheeks flushed from playing.

"Ok I will wait here." I say and take a seat Indian style waiting for them to shower and change.

It was only 10 minutes before guys started coming out with their big jackets saying "Spartan football" and then their number. After a bit Jake comes out with Jason and Austin all laughing.

"Let's go Riles I'm starving." Jake says as he sees me.

We go out to the parking lot and the jocks split into two Hammers. Jake opens the door for me to hop in and smiles at me. I get in the car to the back and then Jake joins and sits next to me. I look up at him and smile. He returns the smile and puts his arm around me.

I get comfortable right away and then turn to my left and smile at him.

"I'm glad you came Riley."

...

We end up at Five Guys to eat burgers, and I am surprised that the guys ate like 4 burgers while I decided to just stick with one and a vanilla milkshake. After that we start dropping everyone off at their house. Apparently one of the Hammer is Jakes but he lets the other jocks ride it on game days.

Then its just me and him alone. He is driving and I am in the passenger's seat next to him, and the radio is on.

I turn to him, "Thanks for driving me Jake."

" Nah its nothing I like hanging with you, you're different... I like that." he turns to face me and smiles then he goes back to looking at the road ahead of us.

"Hey do you need a ride tomorrow for school?" he asks

"Well I was going to ride the bus but who wants to do that when I can ride with you." I say and look at him.

We are at a red light when he turns to me.

" Are you going to Austin's party on Saturday?" he asks

"Yeah."

"I could give you a ride!" he blurts

"Sure thanks." I smile

The light turns green and it feels like the ride was short too short. I wanted to stay there in the car next to Jake, but we get to my house and he pulls up in front.

"Let me walk you to your door." he says and opens his door and walks around the car to my door and opens my door.

I get my backpack and jump out. He closes the door as I put my backpack on. He walks with me to my door. We stop he looks down at me and then puts his hand on my hair and puts my hair behind my ear. He then holds my face with his hand and then rubs his thumb on my cheek making me close my eyes from his gesture.

"I had a nice time with you Riley." he says his voice so strong and he makes me open my eyes again when he says that. I'm caught off guard at what he does next. He comes and kisses my cheek

"I will see you tomorrow in the morning."

He walks away and leaves me there in front of my door with my backpack in my shoulder. He turns his car on and drives away.

What just happened? Did he just kiss my cheek? I open my door and get inside.

I get ready to go to bed and then my phone buzzes. Its a text from Jake saying he will pick me up at seven.

I pick up my phone and text him night.

I have a dream about Jakes beautiful eyes and face, but it doesn't last long I am awoken by my alarm at six to get ready for school. I groan and tap my iPhone to shut it up and get up to get ready for school...