Chapter 2

Eliza's POV

Eliza woke up a yawned, then got up and got dressed. Today she was wearing a simple white shirt and a light blue skirt. She finished brushing her hair and looked at herself in the mirror.

Today she was going to talk with Maria.

She felt nervous, she truly hated Maria, but she also felt guilty, it wasn't completely her fault.

But still... Eliza got in her car and headed to Maria's apartment, who's address Angelica had given her.

~•~•~•~

Eliza knocked on the door, and was greeted by who she could only assume was Maria.

Eliza thought Maria was breathtaking, with her short chocolate hair, and her deep brown eyes. Her tight red dress complemented her figure nicely.

However that wasn't why Eliza was here.

"I'm Eliza Schulyer," Eliza gave the woman angry glare, "and you slept with Alexander Hamilton, my boyfriend."

Maria's POV
The day had started like any other day, and Maria expected it to be like any other day.

Until Eliza showed up.

Maria had herd a knock on the door, a girl with silky black hair, and a furious look in her eyes was the person on the other side.

"I'm Eliza Schulyer," she told Maria, "and you slept with Alexander Hamilton, my boyfriend."

'Crap...' Maria thought, Eliza looked at her expectantly. She wasn't sure how to explain what happened, her Ex, James Reynolds, was in debt. He had forced her to go to Alex, and... honestly, Maria was ashamed.

She never wanted that to happen. But with James, she'd never had a choice. She always had to do what he asked.

"Er... come in," Maria said weakly and gestured Eliza to enter.

In return, the woman gave her a disgusted look, "I don't want hospitality I want an explanation."

"It's kind of a long story," Maria sighed, and instead gestured for them to sit in the law chairs outside.

~•~•~•~

After doing her best to explain the situation, Eliza's face changed from anger to- not understanding, or pity, just not hatred, which was better.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know Maria," she muttered.

"It's... it's my fault," Maria looked up at Eliza, "I'm sorry, I'm not saying what I did was right, I wish I hadn't. Really. But maybe now that you understand you might hate me a little less?" Maria asked hopefully.

"Here," Eliza slipped Maria a piece of paper with her number on it, "if you need anything, call me, and thanks," Eliza said and got up to leave.

Maria took the paper to make sure the wind didn't blow it away. 'It was a start,' Maria thought.