Chapter 3

Eliza's POV
After she'd heard Maria's story, Eliza's anger had shifted mostly to that, James Reynolds. She was a Schuyler sister, so the 'Schuyler Sister Feminism' was apart of her, but even besides that, nobody deserved to be treated like that.

Eliza checked the time on her iPhone as she walked away from Maria's apartment, it was nearly twelve. She bit her lip and debated the idea of asking Maria to get lunch with her.

Eliza shrugged and turned around, "hey Maria!" she called.

Maria's POV
Maria stayed in the chair outside as Eliza left. Honestly it felt good to talk to someone.

'Eliza is pretty cute,' Maria thought to herself, 'nope,' she told herself again, remembering Eliza probably hated her.

She didn't blame her, after all, if James had cheated on her she... wouldn't be surprised... still, Eliza seemed to love Alexander and Maria could see why she was mad.

Maria was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard someone call, "hey Maria!" oh, it was Eliza.

Maria looked up, "yes?" she called back. She got up.

"Um... would you- like to get something to eat?" Eliza asked, the blush on her face was visible from where Maria was.

"Um... sure..." she replied, in a bit of a daze. Maria wasn't sure what she had expected, but this certainly wasn't it.

"O- okay, I'll drive!" Eliza smiled, unlocking her car door.

"One sec!" Maria said, going inside to get her purse. She looked at herself in the mirror and sighed, and looked at herself in the mirror. When she was a little kid she wanted to be someone worth remembering, even if she wasn't. So far she was doing a pretty crappy job at that.

Anyways, this wasn't the time to rekindle her inner teenage angst.

She walked out and smiled at Eliza, "I'm ready!"

Eliza gave her a warm smile back, "awesome!"

"Wow." Maria added quickly and quietly, Eliza didn't seem to notice, and opened the passenger door for Maria, "thanks," Maria said getting in.

Eliza got in the drives seat, "do you mind burgers?"

"No," Maria told her.

"Okay! Cool!" Eliza said and started to drive.

Maria smiled to herself, maybe this wouldn't be to bad.

________________________________sorry it's kinda short... the next one will be longer! And I watched 'Echo Gillette' just thought I should add that because I kinda stole something she said 😳