Chapter 3

After scanning the lunchroom over twice, I've concluded that James isn't here today. It's extremely weird though since he's always very proud of his perfect attendance record. Then it hit me, I had no one to sit with.

I knew absolutely no one in this lunch, last year I used to sit with a kind girl called Ally but she'd graduated. I spotted Luke off in the corner with his headphones in. 'He probably wouldn't notice if I sat with him would he? I could get some English homework done .' I thought to myself, considering the idea. After growing a pair, I finally decided to go grab my lunch and sit with him.

~~~~

"What are you doing here?" he asked, the annoyance clear in his voice. I guess it was a little different than the greeting I would normally go for but hey, everyone's different.

"Do you mind?" I asked, innocently pointing to the empty seat.

"Nah just...dont you have friends to go sit with or something?" he asks, intrigued.

"My something like that is out today and I know no one else in this lunch."

"You don't know me." he scoffs shoving a chip in his mouth, chewing it quickly.

"Well I could guess." I smile, challenging him. For a split second I saw something I never thought possible; Luke Hemmings smiling. He had such a nice smile. 

"What's my favorite color, show, movie, band, and person?" He asks, raising an eyebrow, "If you guess...two right you can sit with me." He finishes, smiling slightly. 

"Um...green, no clue, superbad, acdc, and yourself." I decide contently.

"Guess what!" He said excitedly.

"Yes! I'm a really good guesser ya know." I grin successfully.

"No you got all of them wrong." 

"Oh...do I still have to leave?" I ask, grabbing my books.

"Nah you're not that annoying." He shrugs, leaning back in his chair. 

"So...give me answers" I say impatiently, I hate not knowing some things.

"Blue, How I Met Your Mother, Anchorman, and...I don't really have one I guess." He says.

"You've met my mother?" I joke, raising my eyebrows over-dramatically. 

"That was a terrible joke." He admits and I can't help but nod in agreement.

"Get used to it baby." I smirk in a mock australian accent, "oh yeah, where'd you get your accent?" I ask, continuing the horrible impersonation.

"Long story. You need special clearance to gain access to that type of information." He explains, chewing his food slowly.

"How do I gain access?"

"You'll know." 

Meanwhile, we were both in our own little world and didn't notice the bell ringing until all the other students leaving.

"Um, I guess we should probably start getting to study hall" I say, starting to gather my things.

"Yeah that'd be a good idea."

"When am I-" I start.

"Shhhhh" He says shushing me, "you talk too much someitmes."