Chapter 14

~F~ 

"You okay?" Rosie asks when I step into the kitchen. It's Wednesday and he still hasn't texted me, we're leaving today. I guess I read too much into the situation like I always do; I tricked myself into thinking that he liked me when he probably just wanted to be friends. 

I force a smile and keep on walking until I'm in the backyard. As I sit down on the cold, damp grass, my brain starts reeling so fast it almost hurts. I can't stop thinking of why he hasn't called or texted me yet. I guess that's what happens when you put yourself out there, you risk the chance of being rejected. That's what sucks about people, you always just end up alone. Well most people don't, but I always end up alone. 

I was fine with being alone before that stupid blue eyed boy came into my life. He messed me up. I could handle myself before. My life was somewhat organized before. I had plans before. Now everything is wrong. I am about to fly to New York to live with Linda because my mom died, I'm hung up over some boy, and all my chances of graduating early are gone out the door. But he isn't just some boy. He's...him. He's the nerd who plays with his lip ring when he's nervous or feels awkward, the one who comforted me like my favorite blanket, the one who kisses and looks like a sex-god, and the boy I like. I need to get over this. I can't just mope around waiting for a boy to make me happy. I need to make myself happy again.

I need to play again. I need to get out my sheet music and sit down in front of the piano and just play. But I can't right now, it's packed away. 

I didn't want to take it to New York, but Linda convinced me. Maybe it'll be good. Maybe I could get a scholarship or something. This could work. 

I stand up, brushing any dirt off of my butt and make my way inside when I see. 'Are you kidding me?' the voice in my head rings clear, 'I thought we were getting over him.'. Of course, no other than Luke Hemmings himself is standing with Rosie while she shamelessly tries to flirt with him. And although her flirting game is very bulletproof, he seems to be oblivious. As soon as he notes my pressence, my growing smile falls slack on my face. 

"What are you doing here?" I ask, crossing my arms across my chest and standing my ground. 

"This is it! I have my answer Finn" He smiles brightly, still not picking up on the tension pouring from the conversation. "What did I do?" He asks. 

I wait until Rosie leaves the room to respond, " You didn't call me or text me. We're leaving today Luke. I thought that if you answered sooner, we could at least have some time together before I left." I sigh, walking over towards him.

"I have an excuse though," he answers as he begins to rummage around in the backpack that has been clutched in him large fingers this whole time until finally pulling out a flash drive. "Here".

"Thanks, I always needed a new flash drive." I smile sarcastically until finally asking, "What is this, Luke?" 

"All of your new favorite songs. I picked them out myself. And if you listen to one everyday it will lead you up to winter break, which I hope I could visit and then I'll give you another." He explains, excitedly.

"This is really sweet. Thank you" I smile, giving in and wrapping myself in his arms. 

"Everything will be okay Finn." He mumbles, kissing my forehead. "We will be together, near or far. We will give it a proper go." 

"Okay." I smile, catching his lips with my own. 'God, I will miss this' the voice in my head sighs, to which I respond 'Me too.'.

-------

Hey guys! Sorry if I haven't updated in a while, I'm on spring break right now. But I hope you all enjoyed it! Please leave a comment if you did and dont forget to vote!!! Xxx