Four

The lines of glares that shot for my eyelids awaked me.
The nascent leaves have that soft green, and the ground is scattered with vivid blooms whose petals dance in the breeze. I love spring. I could drink it up like a tonic. Instead I spread my fingers wide and fan them though the damp air - like I did when I was a kid trying to fly, only now it's just something that makes me smirk. Birds above flit from branch to branch, letting out their sweet melody. If this day was beautiful restaurant dish it would be a fresh salad with feta cheese and olives. If it was a drink it would be a chilled glass of white wine.

I got out from my bed, and swept my fingers through my hair, and turned to the mirror behind me to see my eyes like the sea and wet pebbles. The centre was all pebble, soft reflective browns, spreading out to waves of sea blues and greens under an overcast sky. The outer edge was rimmed in deep ocean blue, but the over all effect was of hazel eyes, the brown elements being more dominant since they complimented the freckles that lay over the bridge of my nose and my thigh-length hair glowed like dark honey. It ran down in rivers of reds and browns as each rivulet shone deeply. Each individual strand was a soft feather falling. The hair was radiant with passion trying to bring eyes to look at the depths of the auburn like hair reminding all those of autumn and better times.
Today, I was wearing a white-blue gown made of soft, satiny fabric, long and loose. A semicircular, high collar made of silk-like materials headed the ankle-length robe. 

"College, huh.." I murmured in a delicate tone.
The door behind me swung open as I gazed into the chasm of light outside.