Six

I dragged myself to the lecturers room, taking an exaggerated sigh. The teacher had the look of one who had grown too fast in his youth, his bulk never catching up to his bones. He had to duck on entering the room, before edging toward his vinyl desk in his corduroy jacket and decade old flared trousers. The kids couldn't look at him without being reminded of Basil Fawlty. He had the same waning but wild brown hair and the way he held his lanky frame and gestured with his hands screamed comedy.

the minutes of the lesson passed, the ceaseless buzzing of the classroom and the unlimited amount of energy showing. Though the classroom walls are bare the windows are large. Everyone wants a window seat, to sit in the unsubdued light of the morning. Outside the sky is blue except for a few strands of stratus that trail like aeroplane trails.

"Hey," a indistinct voice spoke, I swiveled my head to see the girl next to me, brown hair framed a heart-shaped face with expressive eyes bright with humour. A dazed expression dominated her features. Her voice was low and echoed around the behemoth room. Her cheekbones sat high on her face and her smile was buoyant and unfaltering.
"My name is violet, violet strauss," she stated in a happy-go-lucky tone,
"Oh, I'm melissa stuart nice to meet yo-," I spoke blandly,
"And theres the bell," she sneers,
And before I knew it everyone had raced out of the door leaving me the only one in there. Oh well.