chapter seven: first day of classes

Julia woke up an hour earlier than the other two did.
“How long have you been awake?” Ashley asked in a groggy voice.
“A hour or so is there a uniform i have to wear?” Julia asked.
“They started the school with uniforms but a month later they decided it was stupid so know you can wear whatever you want” she said she then sat up and yawned “what time is it?”  she asked.
“About eight” Julia responded. Ashley jumped out of bed and over to Shylah.
“Shylah we have to get up” she said but no movement came from the bed. Ashley rolled her eyes. “OH MY GOD SHYLAH THEY RAN OUT OF ORANGE JUICE!” Ashley yelled, Shylah shot up.
“Women and children first” she said.
“It’s eight class starts in twenty minutes” Ashley said, Julia was already dressed. Shylah trudged out of bed.
“There is fruit on the table over there if you’re hungry Julia” Shylah said.
“Okay cool what class is first?” she asked
“First is history with Mr. Saltzman he’s cool let’s go” Shylah said Ashley was already gone.
They got to the classroom and sat down next to each other. Alaric walked in and closed the door.
“Okay guys we have someone new today this is Julia” he said gesturing to her. “Okay so let’s get back to the second world war” he added he went on and on then the bell rang.
“Okay now to english” Shylah said the day went on then it came time for lunch.
“Do you wanna go to the grille for lunch?” Shylah asked.
“What’s that?”
“It’s a restaurant off campus, really good burgers” she replied.
“We can go off campus in the middle of the day?” Julia asked
“Yeah of course we aren’t normal people in a normal school we set things on fire with our minds we can do whatever we want.” she said they went to the grille with Ashley.
“So Juls what’s the story with the ring?” Ashley asked.
“Well it was made in the italian renaissance when a stone called lapis lazuli was common, it’s been past down to the sons in my family to propose with and because my parents died without having any sons it was left to me, it had it turned into my daylight right but now that i’m a jinx i don’t need it but it’s important so i wear it anyways” Julia explained.
“Well it’s beautiful” she said.
“Thanks Ashley” she said.
“It’s just AJ” she said.