chapter ten: welcome to the world

Julia was at the school now for a few months, she discovered that she could see a person’s past just by touch, but she knew something was coming that she didn’t want to face. She woke up as if it was a normal day, but it was far from a normal day. It was a Saturday, she woke up at 9:30.
“Hey Juls a package came for you.” Shylah said. Julia sat up and Shylah handed her the package. She opened it slowly. As she looked down at what it contained she couldn’t help but smile.
“What is it?” Aj asked. Julia took it out and held it up.
“An orange? Why?” Shylah asked.
“It’s from Marcel” she answered.
“How do you know that it doesn’t have a return address or a name?” Aj asked looking at the box.
“It’s something he does once a year every year.” she simply stated.
“Once a year, oh my god, it’s your birthday isn’t it” Shylah eagerly asked. Julia sighed then nodded. Shylah let out a squeal.
“I still don’t get the orange” Aj said.
“When i was human my parents were friends with the Mikaelsons and when they would talk, Marcel and i would go back to this orange tree in my gardens, we would sit there and just eat oranges while talking. So every year on each others birthdays we send oranges no matter where in the world we were. I was in italy for about 15 years and every year a package came, and every year a package was sent.” she explained.
“Wait isn’t he like 200 years old?” Aj asked.
“Yeah”
“So how old are you?” she asked.
“I’ve been 16 since 1826” Julia said. “I was turned before Marcel but we were born the same year.” she added.
“Okay so i’m guessing they are a must at your party tonight’ Shylah said. 
“No, Shylah, don’t i don’t want a party” she said.
“Everyone wants a party on their birthday” she said.
“Not me i’ve had too many birthdays to celebrate anymore”
“Oh come on, you do realize who you share a dorm with right” Shylah said.
“You didn’t even know until like five minutes ago how are you going to plan a party?” she asked.
“A good planner is always ready for a party” she said.
    The girls got ready then went downstairs, they got stopped on the way to the door.
“Hey so if you’re going out you have to be back by ten, Caroline is at the hospital with Damon and Elena all day today.” Bonnie said.
“Why what’s wrong?” Shylah asked.
“Nothing Elena’s in labor” she responded. They left and went to the town square.
“Okay so we have the square until 9:30 tonight’ Shylah said.
“What how?” Julia asked.
“Because i have connections and nothing else is going on here tonight so it was easy. Now go find a dress while we set up and we’ll come get you at six” she added. Julia was afraid to disobey. Shylah and Aj came and found her right around six they led her to the town square blindfolded.
“This is unnecessary Shylah i know what the town square looks like.”
“Not tonight you don’t” she responded.
“Okay take off the blindfold.” Aj said.
“Should I be afraid to be probed?” Julia asked.
“Oh shut up” Shylah said taking off the blindfold. Julia saw glimpses of light, when her eyes focused she saw lines of lanterns all lit up giving off bursts of gold, she looked around not yet looking straight ahead, but when she had she saw the best thing she would all night.
“Oh my god, oh my god” she kept repeated as she ran into Marcels’ arms. They hugged for what seemed like an eternity but then they pulled apart.
“How are you here right now?” she questioned.
“Juls, it’s the twenty first century i drove.” he said.
“Shut up you know what i mean” she said hitting him on the arm.
“I haven’t seen you on your birthday in 15 years it was time.” he said. The rest of the night they spent talking, when the party was over they said their goodbyes and all the students went back to the school.

    At the hospital the doctors placed a baby boy on Elena’s chest.
“Do you have a name in mind for him?” the doctor asked.
“Stefan.” Elena  said.
“Well then welcome to the world Stefan Salvatore.” the doctor responded.