Chapter Nine: Find me

Strange P.O.V

    Please come for me....
    Her voice seemed to echo in my mind, like I could hear her from wherever she was. If only I knew. I felt as if I was being torn apart. What kind of hell is this where I can near my beloved but I cannot save her?
    "Oh (y/n), where are you?" I whispered desperately into the chill air. I had been searching for days, yet I found nothing. Fucking nothing. No trace, no trail, no sort of hidden clues to get a lead off of. Nope. Just the ghost of someone's voice echoing inside my mind.
    I was not going to stop, though. The last thing I would do is give up, to throw away this new and beautiful thing I thought I never could have. How could I? I love her.
    My thoughts were interrupted by a door behind me opening. I could feel the heat coming from inside the building. "Don't you want to come back inside, sir? It's rather cold out here."
    "No, I'll be alright." I responded to the sorcerer. Probably a student from the looks of his clothing.
    "Are you sure? We are making warm tea." He said. I froze. Tea. Beautiful and happy memories flooded my head, and I could have sworn I tasted honey on my lips. It made me want more.
    "Like I said, I'm fine. Now, if you please, you can leave me alone!" My voice was a little sharper than intended, and the student quickly backed off, but how could they just sit inside and drink tea when (y/n) is god knows where probably scared to death?
Please..
   I got up and rushed away, creating a portal in front of me. I wasn't sure where the portal was going to lead me, but I trusted my gut instinct and followed the voice in my head. Somehow this would lead me to her. It had to.

Your P.O.V

It seemed hopeless to think that You could be saved at this point. You were too weak and too much of a novice at magic and sorcerery to fight back. However, You couldn't help but feel as if your voice had been heard. That somehow, you sent a distress call. It was something to hold onto, even if it seemed ludicrous or conjured up by your depraved mind. It was still something.
Your body felt so tired, exhausted. That man tortured you in ways you weren't expecting, leaving you abandoned and alone in the bland room, nothing to focus on rather than your own thoughts. Many thoughts ran through your head. Most were delusional and illogical, but affected you nonetheless. You began to see things that weren't there, your mind playing tricks on your eyes.
    You saw many illusions of Strange, some good, some horrible. You saw him save you, kiss you, bring you back home. You saw him die in agony, reject you, forget you and move on. You even once saw him kill you.
    It felt so real, your body lurching away and pain spreading across your body as you saw him plunge a knife into you, satisfaction present on his face. It killed you as much as the knife did, but it wasn't real. It couldn't be real. Your hope was all you had, and you had to believe, have faith that you would not be left behind.
    There was a sudden bang, the metal door flying off its' hinges. You saw the red fabric of his cape before you saw anything else. The bang sounded real, the door looked real. He looked real. Was he?
    You began fading in and out of consciousness, your body weak from dehydration and malnourishment. You hoped he was real, but how could you know?
    "(Y/N)" his voice was all you heard as blackness shrouded you. It was his voice that convinced you. He was real. 

Authors' note: I apologize for such short chapters lately, but I'm having some writers' block and wanted to put something up. I believe in the next chapter we are going to learn a few things about you.