Chapter Four: Training Sessions

When you had gotten properly dressed, both you and Strange hurried to the training room. You could feel tension build up inside of you, too embarrassed to speak to the man beside you.
"(Y/n), are you alright? You seem a little off this fine morning." He smiled at you, trying to break the silence barrier you had set up.
"I'm fine, just a little groggy, is all." You lied. It wasn't grogginess at all. Your betraying mind kept drifting to your dream, no matter how hard you tried to suppress the amazing memories of a shirtless, brawny, gorgeous Stephen Str- oh, shut up! You mentally scolded yourself.
"Ok, this is the room." You peered in, but the room seemed nothing like a training room; there were a few people roaming around the plain room, making tea or reading Sanskrit books. Just as you were about to ask when Strange stretched out his muscular arms, and the room looked glassy, like looking through a mirror to another world. Your mouth gaped open, not only by the new dimension you were in, but also by the skillful Doctor Strange who was now watching you.
Fuck.
"What do you think?" He said. Did he mean him or the dimention?
Fuckkkk
You stared at him, your mind not registering his words properly.
Fuckity fuck fuck fuck
"(Y/n)?" Strange waved his hand over your face.
"Fuck."
"What?" Strange smiled in amusement as you blushed, realizing what you had just said out loud. "Well, I wasn't expecting that kind of reaction. Usually people say 'wow', but I guess 'fuck' works too."
"Sorry," you apologized, "what is this place?" You hoped that changing the subject would help to quell your nerves.
"We are now in the mirror dimention. Anything that happens in here won't affect the real world out there." He gestured to the woman who was pouring tea into small cups, oblivious to our presence. "This will be where we will train, since my training can be a little rough at times."
Oh, I bet it can.
"So, how do we start?"
***
You fell onto the floor, your body aching. With what little strength you had left in your arms you pushed yourself back up and faced the man standing over you.
"Come on, (y/n), you can do better than that! Conjure your weapon." The man demanded, though he wore a smile as he spoke.
"I can't." You panted.
"Here, let me show you again." He paused for a moment, then you watched as the golden light stream from one hand to the other like he had tied electrical wire to each of his hands. "It's easy."
"Yeah, maybe for you, being Doctor Strange and all," you remarked. He smirked.
"If you need help, I can guide you through it." He stepped behind you, putting his arms over yours. "Here, you place this arm-" he grabbed your left wrist and put it in front of you. " -here, and you place your right arm down here." His breath tickled the back of your neck, and you could barely think from his close proximity; images of your dream flashed in your mind.
"And then what?" You said, staring at his calloused hands holding your wrists. A tingling feeling of warmth cascaded over your fingertips.
"Focus on the energy and think of the weapon I just showed you."
"I don't think that's going to wo-" your words were cut off from your own gasp as you watched small, golden sparks follow an invisible line connecting your two hands.
"That's very good! You're making good progress." Strange's voice was so close to your ear, it sent shivers down your spine. The energy grew stronger, and soon you had a usable weapon in front of you. "Excellent! Now fight!"
Strange spun you around and attacked you, but it seemed as if he was holding back. You met his attack with equal force, but were unable to maintain the strength to hold him at bay. Soon, he broke through your force, and you stumbled backwards. You recreated your weapon, the golden energy materializing just in time to block Strange.
"Fight harder, (y/n)!" Strange yelled. The electricity flickered between your hands as you struggled to overpower your opponent. Your arms began to ache, but you did not stop, and you thrust forward with what little strength you could muster, pushing Stephen off you. You were panting from exhaustion, surprised at how a little training could take so much out of you. To your relief, Stephen stopped.
"I think that's enough training for today. Remember, we need you to be as physically strong as you are mentally. It is important for one day, you may have to fight for your life. Or you can just say 'fuck' if you ever become surprised."
"Shut up," you said, laughing with him. For some reason, the vulgar word sounded beautiful coming from him. Perhaps it was the way his lips formed the word, or his silky voice that mesmerized you. "Man, I could go for some nice hot tea right now."
"We just so happen to have some excellent honey tea here." He Dramatically bowed towards the tea pot placed on a small, round table.
"Well, how convenient." You smiled.

Author's note: I am so sorry that I took forever to update. It's just that I'm a lazy piece of shit that has waaayy too many hobbies. Anyways, here's a beautiful picture to quell any violent thoughts of yours.

 Anyways, here's a beautiful picture to quell any violent thoughts of yours