Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Ready to Go Home

_____________________________________________

Aria woke up with a fright, having another nightmare from her past. She looked around confused, till reality hit her. She looked to where Chloe was supposed to be, but she was there. Aria stood up quickly and began to panic. Where was she? Was she alright? Questions went through her mind as she left the small hut, she looked around quickly, trying to see if she could spot her youngest. Her eyes went everywhere, her breath quickening in panic.

"She eating." She heard a raspy voice.

Aria jumped and turned to her left quickly, seeing the leader of the apes. Aria hand flew up on her chest and blushed, laughing quietly.

"Sorry... You scared me." She said, blushing more.

Caesar smiled and grunted "Hungry?"

Aria smiled and shook her head "Um no thank you. I will eat later, I just want to know where Chloe is."

Caesar nodded and started walking away, Aria following quickly. She looked around seeing other apes, then saw Koba. The scarred ape looked at her with a glare, making her keep her stern eyes on him. Aria looked away from Koba, to see her daughter sitting next to an orangutan and baby chimp. She smiled when she saw her daughter giggling, signing to the little ape. Chloe noticed her mom and gasped, standing up quickly and running to her mother, hugging her waist.

"Mommy!" Chloe said happily, hugging her mom tightly.

Aria stumbled back and smiled, hugging her youngest back. Then she felt Chloe grab her hand and drag her over to the new friends she made.

"Mommy! Meet Milo!"

Chloe said, sitting back down next the baby chimpanzee, known as Milo. Aria smiled and sat down next to Chloe, waving Milo. Chloe looked at her mom and said,

"He only knows sign."

Aria nodded and signed 'Hello' to Milo. Milo smiled and made his way quickly over to Aria, sitting her lap. Chloe giggled and Aria smiled, seeing Milo sign,

"Hello! I am Milo!"

Aria smiled "Hello, I am Aria." She signed, making Milo coo.

"You have pretty name." Milo signed, touching Aria's long blonde hair.

Aria smiled and signed 'Thank you' to him, making him nod and smile to her. Aria smiled back, but then remembered Cora is probably worried. Aria looked over at Chloe, watching her eat, the nudged her to get her attention.

"Chloe. We are going to have to go home soon..."

Chloe whined "Why?" Making her mom tilt her head and frown.

"Your sister is probably worried we didn't come home last night." Chloe frown, not liking the thought of leaving Milo, but she did miss her sister. She sighed and nodded, turning back to her food, eating slowly so she could stay a little longer. Aria frowned, looking down at her daughter, lifting her hand to move her daughter's hair out of her hair. Milo noticed his friend's sadness, signing to her,

"Why are you sad?"

Chloe looked at him and signed back slowly, "After I eat, I have to go home..."

Milo frowned and hooted sadly "No stay! I asked my dad! He let you stay!"

Chloe smiled sadly and signed "I can't stay Milo, my mommy is the leader of the village and my sister is worried for me."

Milo cooed sadly and quickly went to Chloe, sitting in her lap, then wrapped his arms around her neck. Chloe hugged back, not wanting to let go at all. Chloe and Milo were already so close, she didn't want to leave him. Aria watched with a frown, hating doing this to her daughter, knowing Chloe was already attached to the young ape. After a few minutes Chloe was done eating, then she and Aria heard a neigh. They both looked over to see Aria's white horse. Aria stood up and walked over to her horse, petting the white horse head.

"Hey Snow." Aria muttered, petting Snow's cheek.

She looked over to see Blue Eye's, who brought over her horse. Aria smiled and nodded, "Thank you." She said, grabbing the reins.

Blue Eyes nodded and walked back, giving her space. Aria turned to Chloe, watching as her daughter and the young ape hug each other again. Aria frowned again, letting out a sigh. Chloe smiled sadly and stood up from where she sat, walking over to her mother. Aria smiled sadly,

"Are you ready?" She asked.

Chloe nodded and Aria helped her on the white horse, then Aria climbed on her horse, sitting behind Chloe. Aria looked over to see Caesar walking up, but saw Koba behind him. She stared at him with the same stern eyes, while he continued to glare at her in disgust.

Aria looked over to see Caesar, petting Snow's head, looking up at her. Caesar nodded,

"Be safe."

Aria nodded "I will. Thank you, for helping my daughter."

Caesar nodded and gave her grunt, then watching as Aria steered her horse towards the exit. She lightly kicked the horse's side, making Snow start running, running out of the ape village.