Chapter 9

Chapter 9: The Damn

_____________________________________________________

"It was a colony of ape's... Some even riding horses..." Malcom said to Dreyfus.

Dreyfus looked at the man like he three head, but Carver spoke up, "It's true... And there was this lady..."

"Queen Aria. She is the Quincy Tribes leader." Alexander said, correcting Carver.

Carver rolled his eyes "Whatever..."

Then Alexander asked him a question "What did she say to you back there?"

Carver sighed "Told me to never return and that if I did and harmed anyone in the forest, she would find me..."

Alexander snickered "No wonder you ran so fast..."

Carver snarled at the teen boy, but the teen only laughed. Malcom sighed,

"Just listen. They won't let us in. They won't allow us to be in their territory."

"Well. They either let us in, or we force our way in."

Alexander looked at Dreyfus questionably "What do you mean?

"I mean if we have to fight our way in to get that damn working, then we do it."

___________________________________________________________

Aria was sitting on a rock next to her close friend Emberly. Emberly was a teacher and main doctor in the tribe, she was an important member. Today the kids had a day off of lesson's, which means they got to hang out and play all day, which they loved.

"I hope the ape is ok..."Emberly said, her prayers going to the young ape that got shot yesterday.

"He was shot in the shoulder, right above his heart. I am sure he is ok, he just needs time to heal..."

Emberly nodded "Speaking of healing. That mountain lion will be ready to release tomorrow."

Aria nodded and watched as her two daughters played with the other kids, laughing and having fun. She smiled at the sight, remembering how Zeke played with them. Aria's head went down, thinking about her late husband and thinking about how he died. She felt a nudge on her shoulder,

"I know that look Aria... What are you thinking about?" Emberly asked her friend with concern.

Aria smiled "Just thinking about...-"

"Zeke?" Emberly finished with a frown. Aria nodded and looked back at her kids.

"They look like him so much..." Aria said, watching as her kids played tag with the others.

"Aria... There was nothing you could do." Emberly said, but soon her name was called, she needed to check on the large cat. Emberly sighed and stood up, placing hand on Aria's shoulder,

"See you at dinner?"

Aria nodded and smiled, watching her friend walk away. She continued to walked her daughters play, but then one of the tribe guards walked up to her and said she had a visitor.

"Who?" She asked.

"The ape Caesar..." The guard said, making Aria blink in surprise.

"I will meet you at entrance."

The guard nodded and walked doff, back to tell Caesar she was coming. Aria sighed and stood up, going over to her eldest daughter, Cora. Cora ran up to her mom, getting the news that her mother had to go talk to someone. Cora nodded and said she would keep a close eyes on Chloe. Aria nodded and said her quick farewell, then left to go talk to Caesar. She walked out her long entrance, seeing Caesar on his horse and couple other apes.

Aria nodded towards Caesar in a greeting "How may I help you?" She asked.

Caesar got off her horse and walked towards Aria, "Those humans. Came. Back."

Aria sighed and looked down at the floor "What is there purpose here?"

Caesar grunted "They need to fix Dam. Said it would help them."

Aria lifted her head "The dam? The one close to my village?"

Caesar nodded and Aria sighed, then she paced back and forth for a second. Then she turned to one of her guards.

"Go get my horse..."

The guard nodded and went off to go follow her order. Aria turned back to Caesar and asked,

"Are they still here?"

Caesar nodded and again, the Aria turned to see her horse and the guard. Then she turned back to Caesar,

"Where are they?"