005

09/25/17

CHAPTER FIVE; FRUIT OF THE POISONED TREE

Maddison decided to go see Davina in the morning. The two sat and talked but then Davina asked Maddie the question that she had been dreaded to answer. "Hey, Maddie?" She asked. She was sitting on her bed while Maddie sat on a chair a few feet away reading a book she had recently gotten.

"Hmm?" Maddie didn't look up from her book as she continued reading line after line.

"When you and Marcel were talking up here, he said something about Thierry." She hesitated before asking, "What happened?"

Maddison paused before she looked up from her book and slowly closed it. She let out a quiet sigh. Davina didn't know about the garden or what would happen to any vampire who broke her dads rules. "Thierry had to leave New Orleans. Someone important to him was killed and he left because it was too hard for him. So, my dad suggested that he should go away for a little while," Maddison didn't technically lie. Katie did die and Thierry did have to go away.

Maddie knew she couldn't tell her the truth. It was hard to tell her that Marcel sentenced Thierry 100 years in the garden, a place he puts all the vampires, for breaking his rules.

Davina walked over to her and hugged her. "I'm sorry, Maddie. I know how much Thierry means to you." Maddison smiled and hugged her back. She had really been needing it.

"It's ok, butterfly." Both girls heard a knock on the attic door and both turned their heads to see Elijah.

He help up a piece of paper and smiled. "I made you a promise."

Davina laughed. "Come in," He walked in and showed us the paper he brought. "It's a spell of unknotting?" Davina sounded confused.

"This is a sanguinem knot. The witches use it as representational magic. If you can unknot this rope using that spell, you'll have taken an important step towards control. This is one of my mother's later spells. Requires much more power than you realize. If you can perform this, I shall return with another page." Elijah started to walk out but turned around when he got to the door. "A spell of your choosing next time." And with that he left.

"Hey, Vina, I have to go check on something are you gonna be okay?" Maddison asked the girl.

Davina was looking closely at the spell trying to examine it. "Yeah, I'll be fine go ahead." She smiled.

Maddie walked over and kissed her forehead. "Don't worry, you'll get it." She whispered before leaving the attic.

Maddie made her way to where the Mikaelsons were staying and knocked on the door. Hayley answered the door with a smile and let her in. She closed the door and as she started to go sit down, Maddie heard a noise from her.

"Ow!" Hayley touched her neck and had a look of confusion on her face.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Maddie asked right when Rebekah walked in saying, "What the hell was that?"

"Hell if I know. It felt like I was being stabbed." Hayley replied as Maddie spotted a little prick of blood on her neck.

"Why don't you sit down. You'll be fine," Maddie sent her a soft smile to which she smiled back and sat down on the chair.