011

11/16/17

CHAPTER ELEVEN; CRESCENT CITY

"Thank you all for coming, It means more than I can tell you. We gather today for the first public service of our newly reopened church. St. Ann's can finally, once again, be the heart of our community. Where we can congregate as a people united-" Maddison tuned some of what Kieran was saying as she turned her head to look at Klaus. She hated to admit it but she and Klaus had some moments since everything that happened with Davina. He had comforted her and she was so devastated that she let him. Klaus was looking at Maddie already which made her turn her head back to Kieran. She had finally snapped out of her thoughts when she heard Kieran say, "Amen." As everyone follows suit.

Maddison stood outside the church with Cami as they caught up with each other. "Come on, Cami. Please?"

"No, Maddie." Camille said stubbornly.

"What can I do to convince you to come to the compound with me to catch up?" Maddie asked desperately for a distraction from Klaus and Davina and everything else.

"Absolutely nothing." Maddie huffs like a child and follows Cami as she walks off towards Kieran who is stood with Klaus and Marcel.

"I wanted to congratulate you on getting the church up and running. I can see this is a bad time. Nice to see you, Marcel." Cami says all she needs to say before walking away leaving Maddie stood trying to avoid Klaus' eyes.

"Cami!" Kieran yells before he and Marcel look to Klaus.

"Well, don't look at me. I tried to send her away." Klaus defended himself.

"You did what?" Maddie asked as his soft eyes traveled to her hard ones. "I can't believe you, any of you." Maddison sighs and walks off to the compound. She didn't even have it in her to argue. It was probably Kieran's idea.

"Do you need something, Elijah?" Maddison asked the vampire with an amused smirk as he looked at Papa Tunde's dead body. "Maybe a magnifying glass?"

"You have a theory you'd like to share with us, Maddison?" Elijah tilted his head up to look at Maddie.

"I was just making sure there, Sherlock Holmes." She retorted.

"Back in the day, when the witches wanted to send a threat they just kill a chicken and leave it on your doorstep." Marcel inputs smiling at his daughters comment.

"Rather large and ominous chicken, wouldn't you say?" Elijah asks standing up.

"Papa Tunde defeated Rebekah with ease, almost got the three of us as well-" Maddie interrupted Klaus before he could say anything else.

"Two," She stated looking at him with innocent eyes. "He tried to kill you two." Maddison saw the look on Klaus and Marcel's faces and she shrugged her shoulders, adding quietly, "Just saying."

"Well if he was supposed to be their prized fighter, why leave him for dead in our front yard." Maddie was about to make a comment but Klaus sent her a glare making her raise her hands in mock surrender.

"Well, don't you all look cheery." Rebekah says walking in the compound. "Listen to this, a girl literally exploded from a grave today while Sabine was giving a tour of the dead. It was Monique Devereaux."