017

04/30/18

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN; THE BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS

Maddison's eyes fluttered open and squinted from the sun shining in through the window. After a minute of her eye's adjusting, she looks to the man beside her. He looked so peaceful, Maddie couldn't help but stare.

"Staring is rude, love." Klaus says with a smirk while his eyes stayed closed.

"Were you pretending to be asleep?" Maddie asked as she mock glared at him.

He laughs and open his eyes. "Your stare was what woke me."

Maddie laughed and sat up covering her chest with the blanket. "Sure it was."

Klaus say up and leaned in closer to her lightly stroking her cheek bone, "Last night was...incredible."

"Better than Genevieve?" Maddison didn't know why she felt as if she had to be better than the witch. In all honestly, since she turned into a vampire, she really did feel everything more deeply and strongly. Jealousy being one of those she felt more strongly.

"Jealous, love?" Klaus smirked as he knew exactly what she was thinking and feeling.

"Says you." Maddie looked over at him with a smirk of her own as she pretended her own jealousy wasn't there. "I could smell the jealousy off you last night when Elijah and I were close."

Klaus rolled his eyes and stood up looking for his clothes. "Where are you going?" Maddie asked as she watched him get dressed, letting her eyes wander shamelessly.

"Genevieve will be here soon." Klaus said as he pulled on his shirt. Maddie slowly dropped her gaze and wanted to smack herself for being so naive. Maddie stood up keeping the sheet wrapped around her as she started to make her way to the bathroom but Klaus sped in front of her, making her movements come to a stop.

"Maddison, stop." Klaus rests his hand on her side carefully. "She is simply here to do a spell. I would of asked you but I know you haven't been practicing. Nothing more will happen. I promise you."

"Doesn't matter if it did. I mean, we slept together one time. I'm not your girlfriend so you can do whatever you want." She says and moves past him to the bathroom to shower and this time he lets her.

Maddie couldn't believe she had caved. She caved and slept with Klaus. Every time she looked in the mirror now, she looked like the same girl but she's not. She's dead. She's been so busy that she has had no time to grieve herself.

Maddie finished her shower and got dressed before making her way downstairs to the group. "Your mother's spell is as complicated as it is elegant. She was clearly a very gifted witch." Klaus snatched the paper out of Genevieve's  hands.

"Is this the bit here?" He asks pointing to something on the paper.

"Hey," she grabs it back with a tone a mother would scold her children with, "like I said, it's complicated. She bound protection magic to black kyanite stones. A werewolf with the stones is free from turning on a full moon."

"And what of the improvements?" Klaus asked her.

"This spell will enhance speed, strength and agility." Genevieve neatly places the paper in front of her.