Chapter 25

Jace's Pov

"Wait, what plan?" I asked, limping after him. Everything hurt but I was trying my best not to make it seem like it. I could feel my wolf fixing everything wrong and it made everything hurt ten times worse.

"The plan I did behind your back." Tyler said, and stopped walking to turn around and look at us. "While you guys were busy worrying about me fighting I made my own plan with the help of the kids."

"Wait, what?" Carson said, crossing his arms.

"I'm with him. You could have gotten hurt." I said, shaking my head.

Tyler rolled his eyes and continued walking. "News flash the only person that got hurt was Jace and therewas no way of preventing that."

"Well tell us how you did this awesome plan that we didn't know about which could have possibly killed us." Carson said, following him.

"First off, you wouldn't have died. Darren didn't actually want any if us dead. Second off, even if he had killed one of you, the kids stayed behind to heal you."

"They can do that." Carson said in disbelief.

Tyler nodded and walked into the pack house. "Meet me upstairs. I'm gonna make sure the kids are okay." Tyler said, following the kids towards their room.

I turned to Carson and sighed. "This still doesn't feel right."

Carson shrugged. "We watched the dudes head expload."

"Ya, but it felt to easy. He fell right into whatever trap Tyler had set up. He's not that stupid."

Carson shrugged. "Ya well do you expect anyone besides him to be throwing the shit at you like he was."

I shivered, remembering his strength. The dude, I hate to say, was stronger then me. Then again I wasn't worried about training myself as much as training the others. I had power to protect me while all they had was their wolf rank powers and their ability to fight.

"I'm kinda afraid to say it but I think he's dead. For good this time." Carson said, looking at me before walking towards the stairs.

I sighed and followed, refusing to believe he's dead.

"So, how did you execute this amazing plan of yours?" I asked, crossing my arms across my chest. I was pissed he had done this without me or Carson. Not because we couldn't have the glory of saying we killed Darren but because he could have gotten hurt and I felt like I hadn't done my job right. My job was supposed to be Alpha. Instead my Luna executed a plan behind my back that worked. I felt useless.

Tyler looked at me and bit his lip before walkingtowards me and hugging me. "You weren't useless, you both were a huge part in the plan." He told me reminding me to close the link from now on.

"You weren't thinking about what Darren wanted the most. The kids and me," Tyler started, sitting on the couch next to where I was standing. "He wanted you two gone which gave me the idea. I got the kids together and came up with the plan. He was to distracted with killing you two to get to us that he didn't remember what kind of power me and the kids actually have. The duplicating of the twins wasn't even the beginning. When the girls showed up it really set the plan in motion. The whole reason he even showed up here was because of me. I mailed him a letter with a number on it. My old cell number. Told him I wanted to be with him instead but that you didn't know what I was doing so I brought the girls into the mix. They had no idea what was going on. I made it seem like I was going against you two." Tyler looked at Carson. "You just made it even more believable when you gave me the lookon the field. That's the only part I wasn't sure about and why I may have acted to quick. I had to make him believe I actually wanted you dead. Having him kill you was better then me doing it because I wouldn't have been able to. When he hesitated was my cue."

Carson bit the inside if his cheek with a sigh. "Why did the kids have a play in it."

"I didn't tell him about the kids being a part of this. I told him that once you were dead they would side with me and do whatever me and him wanted. I told him that they would fight to stop him from killing you but that it shouldn't be two hard if I told them what to do. When I told them to go behind me they did without question but actually left their inner body behind Carson. When Darren walked over to him they had duplicated themselves but their actual human form had always been behind Carson the whole time incase he did actually try and kill him. When he looked at me and said that he knows they aren't real, the figures behind me weren't actually real but the ones behind Carson were. Why it was so easy to kill him was because while you guys were preoccupied with Darren the kids drew their duplicate body's back and stunned him. He couldn't move after that making me exploading his head easier."

Dave chuckled and shook his head. "Can't say he isn't a great Luna."

Chelsey giggled from behind him.

"So, let me get this straight. You called him, sent him here thinking he was getting you and the kids but with an excuse that involved the girls. Started a fight with him that he thought was supposed to kill Jace and Carson but was actually killing him."

Tyler nodded. "Oh and I knew Jace would be the first to run after him so it helped with wearing him down. Made it easier to kill him."

"How do we know he's actually dead?" I asked, looking down at him.

"We don't. Not yet anyway. I had the doctor take a blood test to make sure. I'm pretty positive it was him though." He said, looking up at me.

"What about the girls?" Carson asked, sitting next to Tyler. "They are asking if they can stay."

I shrugged. "They aren't in danger anymore. I guess we could put a rank to them and they could help someway. There's always going to be someone after us and the kids. They could actually be a lot of help."

Carson nodded. "Alright. Can we go to bed now?"

Tyler giggled and shook his head before looking up at me. 'Can we talk.' I heard him ask making me nod and give Carson a look before walking out of the room with Tyler behind me.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, once we had gotten to a quieter place in the pack house.

I sighed. "I know." I told him, pulling him into a hug.