Loved you First

♫♪ Well, I know that you're in love with him

'cause I saw you dancin' in the gym

You both kicked off your shoes

Man, I dig those rhythm and blues

I was a lonely teenage broncin' buck

with a pink carnation and a pickup truck

but I knew I was out of luck

The day the music died...

I started signing:

Bye bye Miss american Pie

Drove my Chevy to the levee

but the levee was dry

Them good old boys were drinking Whiskey and rye

signing :

"This will be the day that I die... This will be the day that I-"

"LEXIE!!!"

I jumped as a high pitch, bloodcurdling scream resonated next to my ears. I pressed pause on the shitty mp3 player I owned and took off my headphones, before finally looking up at the person shouting for me.

"Jesus, what do you want Stacy?" I asked, almost out of breath from the startle I just had.

"Where's my coffee?!" She had both her arms crossed over her chest, as she obviously waited for me to give her her drink.

"Your coffee?" I repeated.

"Yes, my coffee. Where is it I'm waiting?!" She sounded irritated, as if I had done something extremely wrong.

"Uh, I didn't know I had to bring you coffee" 

"You didn't know? God Lexie, do I really have to tell you everything like you're five years old?"

I just sat there in silence. What was she even saying?

"Well, don't just sit there?!" She exclaimed. I stood up and took my bag, putting my belongings back in it. Stacy looked around the empty room

"Did you set everything up for the boys?"

"Yes I did, everything's ready,"

Like she asked the day before, I came in fifteen minutes early to make sure everything was ready. The stage was cleaned up, every mike was plugged in ready to be used, every instruments were sitting there, ready to perform. I have to say that; I know my shit when it comes to music, and I made sure that everything was set perfectly so no one would be able to say anything about my work. Especially not Stacy.

"Good, good..." She said as she examined the stage. " Well, I don't want you to hang around here while the boys are rehearsing, you know, so you won't disturb them...  So bring me my coffee and come back when the sound check is over to clean things up, okay?"

She flashed me a big smile to match with the end of her speech. I just stayed there, and stared at her, waiting for her to ask me to wash the entire stage with a toothbrush while I'm at it.      

"Hurry up!"

I rolled my eyes as I headed for the exit.

"Oh, and bring me a blueberry scone while you're out, and be quick!" Stacy shouted across the room as I was about to get away. I sighed

"yes mam'"

--

I walked around the building, with a scone and a Grande coffee -with foam- in hand, making my way to the sound check where I was about 90% sure I would find Stacy. I could hear some music being played but couldn't really make out any lyrics. From the sound of it, it belonged to a boyband, no doubts.

Baby, I loved you first 

Oh, yeah 

Baby, I loved you first

I crossed the doors at the moment the song was ending, and faced five young boys on the stage.

"Alright! That sounded tight!" One said

"Can't wait to play it live tonight, it's gonna be something!" Another said, while playing some chord on an acoustic guitar he just picked up.

I made my way to my 'boss', who was sitting front seat and watching the band. Well, watching one of the band members more particularly. The blond one.

Niall I must guess

She didn't lie on that phone call, that boy was drop dead gorgeous. Like all the rest of the band, but he, he had something... special. I don't know, but Stacy would surely agree with me because she had eyes only for him.

"Oh there you are!" She shouted when I got next to her. "What in the world kept you out so long?!"

"Uhm, the line at Starbucks." I replied on a cold tone. I heard a few small laughs coming from the stage. Two of the boys were watching us, smirking. Stacy must have drawn attention on us when she screamed at me for being late.

She threw a charming smile at the boys watching us before turning to me again and frowning.

"Don't get sassy with me, or I'll make you work for it... Understood? Now get out of here, and come back when it's time for your job, which is cleaning everything up." She kept her voice down this time, making sure I was the only one who could hear what she said.

I turned away quickly, not wanting to spend one more second in this room, and left. But not before a fast last glance at the charming blond boy holding a guitar.