Let it go

"I can't believe we're in Austin Texas, while Green Day are performing live and I'm stuck here!"

"Yeah, I mean you're only stuck here with internationally successful boyband One Direction, poor Lexie." Liam replied, sarcastically joking.

"No offence to you guys, but it's Green freaking Day for god's sake! I've been wanting to see them in concert since I was like, fourteen!"

Thirteen to be more precise, I started to discover good music around that age when I stepped upon my grandfathers collection of vinyl's. He generously gave them all to me, which I refused at first, but he convinced me saying that he was starting to become more and more deaf and couldn't enjoy them anymore. Still today, those vinyl's are probably my most valued belongings. They were what lighted my interest in music. The only down side of enjoying great music thought, is that most of the bands I fell in love with are either broken up, retired or even dead. Meaning Green Day is one of the very few still touring, and missing my shot at seeing them perform live what aching my heart.

"Green day, uh? What's your favorite song?"

"By them?" I thought about it for a moment "It's got to be Jesus Of Suburbia. I know American Idiot is their most mainstream album, but the story behind is amazing, and that song is simply the best!"

Liam half smiled at my answer, seeing how serious I took the matter of my favorite artists.

"That's cool, and what's your favorite song of like... all times."

There was strange silence that installed itself in the room while I was thinking. Favorite song in the world, that was easy.

"My girl by The Temptation" I said

"Really? Why? That doesn't really fit the Rock N' Roll genre." Liam asked, curious. I smiled slightly to myself as I suddenly took interest in the edge of my feet.

"It's the song my father used to sing to me"

"Awwe, are you close you and your father?"

"We were" I replied in a small voice "He and my mom died in a car accident when I was sixteen."

The air around us became heavier

I should have kept my stupid mouth shut

I dared a look at Liam; he was standing in the same spot as before, looking at me. He gave me a small smile when I crossed his eyes, but didn't add anything.

I was grateful for that. I hated when people tried to explain how sorry they felt for you, and end up giving you a hug that is nothing but awfully awkward.

I turned away from him, not wanting to make this more difficult, and took out my mp3 player.

"Hey Lexie!" Liam shouted just when I was about to play some music. I raised my head to see that he was handing me a microphone.

"Sing for me,"

at first I was sure he was joking, but he gave me an insisting look.

"like now?" I asked, taken off guard.

"Why not, we just set everything up. It's ready."

an uneasy feeling filled my stomach

"I don't know Liam..."

"C'mon! I know how much you want to be a signer and I never even heard you sing!"

true

"Uh, well I didn't even warm up..." I tried to say in my defense

"You're kidding right?" he gave me a look that meant I just couldn't be serious. "Who cares?!"