five

"Is this not the best laksa you've ever had?" Stefan rested his chin on his palm as he watched her take a bite of the dish

"Hmm," she tapped her chin, pretending to thinking deeply. "It's in the top 5 – maybe."

"Maybe?!" He feigned hurt, placing a hand over his heart. "You wound me."

Stefan had seen sunrises and sunsets all over the globe, he had been to the MoMA, and the Louvre; he had travelled all over the world and seen the most beautiful things but none of them compared the smile on Genevieve's face.

Her smile was brighter than a thousand suns and radiated a happiness he had never felt before, not even when he was with Elena.

"Oh hey, Stefan. I haven't seen you in a while," Caroline greeted as she entered the kitchen and grabbed a glass from a cupboard and filled it with water. "Oh! Who's this?"

"Genevieve meet Caroline, Caroline meet Genevieve," the younger Salvatore motioned between the two.

"Hi," Gen spoke with a small smile, wiggling her fingers towards the younger vampire.

"The others are here too," the usually peppy blonde seemed to be in a dazed state, unable to fully focus.

"I should go," Genevieve pointed towards the exit with a manicured finger.

She stood up, grabbing her phone from the counter and shoving it in her back pocket.

"No, stay," Stefan caught her by the wrist. "Let me introduce you to my friends. Please."

"I guess it would be nice to know more than one person here."

He smiled and guided her out of the kitchen, the pair following behind Caroline as she walked towards the living room.

3 sets of eyes landed on them as they entered the room, Genevieve instantly felt out of place.

"Hey, guys, this is Genevieve," Stefan gestured towards her. "Gen, this is Bonnie, Damon, and – "

"Katerina?" Her blue eyes widened as they landed on the doppelgänger.

"No, I'm Elena," she quickly interjected. "I'm nothing like Katherine."

"Wait, you're Elena?"

"Yeah."

Genevieve stole a quick glance at Stefan, perfectly plucked eyebrows raised.

"Then you're a lot more like her than you think." An awkward silence quickly filled the room. "Uh, you know, it's getting late, I should go. It was nice meeting you all."

"I'll drive you," the younger Salvatore offered politely.

"I'm okay, thanks."

Gen gave them all a tight lipped smile before turning in her heel and heading towards the door, wanting to get out of there as quickly as she could.

She cursed silently to herself, worrying that she might have blown her cover.