Amerie

"Ma school start in 20 minutes, you might want to wake up." Augusts said coming in my room for the 5th time this morning. "I'm up i'm up" i said pulling the covers back over my head. "You said that 20 minutes ago and it's midterms you betta hurry yo ass up" I groaned and rolled over hoping he would get the point. When he finally left I got up and went to grab something to wear real quick. I was defintley about to be scrubbing it today. I grabbed my grey velvet sweatsuit, my black tank top, and all black converse. I hurried up and did my hygiene routine taking a quick 5 minute shower and brushing my teeth. I got dressed and grabbed my backpack. "I'm dressed damn, you can chill now." He wasn't paying me any attention though. Too busy writing in that notebook. He won't let me see it though. I just brush it off as his journal or something extra personal. I coughed to get his attention. "You ready?" he said closing the notebook and walking toward his room. "Mhmm" I grabbed a water and a bannana and waiting for him to come back. He grabbed his keys and we headed out.

-At School-

Me, Tati and Jade were the first to get to our usual table for lunch . Today has been long as hell. We really wasn't talking about nothing too major just killing time until August, Chris and em showed up. Somebody slid next to me but I really didn't pay it attention. We do sit in the middle of the cafateria. "Hey." He said taping my shoulder and turning to me. His crew followed it was about 6 of em. "Hey you" I said side hugging him. I feel Jade and Tatianna staring. "Ant this is Tatianna" pointing "that's jade". "Sup" he said nodding toward them. Jade was smiling like a chester cat. Tatianna bust out laughin. She nudged her to get her to snap out of it. "I aint' seen you at the spot so I'm guessing you all good now?" he asked. "Pshh I wish. Really just ain't had time to go down there. Midterms and all." I said half truthfully. I ain't been home in 2 weeks even though I still babysit Layla sometimes but at August's house where I been staying.

"O ok. Well maybe I'll see you around more." he said "Maybe." His homeboy called him and he turned back around and 20 seconds later August came and sat down. "Where Chris?" Tat blurted out as soon as she seen Jj and August. "Girl why not just put a fucking tracking device in the boy. Shit can he get some personal time." Man I loved Jade she told it straight up. "Nobody else feel like that. Do y'all ?" Everybody looked down. "I see how it is, I see how it is." She said crossing hers. "I'm going to find my boo then" As soon as she was out of earshot everybody bust out laughin.

"That's Chris ole lady Mann" J said. The rest of lunch was cool. We all was complaining about midterms. From time to time I would catch Antonio staring at me or he would graze my leg. I was with Aug tho. I kept reminding myself that. Ever since the promise ring we been super good. I want it to stay like this. "You ready?" August asked. "Mhmm." He took his trey to the drop box. I watched as he walked away. "Stop playin" I said elbowing Antonio. "He just winked and walked away.

I grabbed my bag and walked over to August so we could go by my locker. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and we just walked in silence. We got to my locker and he posted up next to it. "Aye I think we should go by yours moms after school." He said turning back to face me. "Why?" grabbing my books fast. I hated when he did this. "Because she's been callin nonstop for the last few weeks and bae you have no clothes left. You had on that jumpsuit last week." I just rolled my eyes. "And your point is..." "Ri you really are..." I cut him off "August I'm not goin to see ight. Drop it!" I slammed the locker and started walking toward my class. He followed next to me but we didn't speak. I don't know why he got the attitude. It's my mama, my problem. Let me deal with it the way I want to.
The warning bell rang and me and August went our seperate ways. "So you lata." he said kissing my cheek and turning back.

I sat in the back in the journalism class when my phone started vibrating. We didn't have a midterm so we all just slept or put in our headphones. It vibrated like two more times but I really didn't feel like seeing who it was. 5 minutes later it started ringing. I dug through my backpack to finally check it. Ugh Angelo. I walked out real quick to answer it.

"Hello?" This better not be about you know who I thought. "Why?"

"Your mom and Layla had an accident."

SORRY FOR THE WAIT. MIDTERMS.

TELL ME HOW YOU FEEL?

COMMENT! VOTE! SHARE!

SUGGESTIONS NEEDED, I'M HAVING THE WORST WRITERS BLOCK.

THANKS FOR LOVE AND SUPPORT LOVES!

-LIBRA XOXO