August

August Pov

The bell finally rings to let us out of last period. "You think you passed that shit?" J ask. "Man ion even know." I hated Mrs. Johnson class. She never taught nothing and then gave the hardest test. We walked out to the parking lot to catch up with the rest of the crew. We stand around and talk for a while. After about 30 minutes we realized Ri ain't came out yet. "Aye Tat you seen ya girl?" "Nah not since lunch. Why?" "Nothin. Y'all gone head I'll hit y'all up later." I reached for my phone to call ma. Ring..Ring..Ring... Voicemail. I did it again Ring... Ring... Ring.. Voicemail. After about the fifth time I decided to just leave a message and hope everything was ok. "Hey ma it's me. Let me know you good. I'm assuming you had something to do since you ain't tell nobody where you went but hit me back when get this message." Click. I decided to just head home I knew if something was really wrong she would've told me. 

I pulled into the driveway and saw Ri car was still there. "What the hell is going on?" I said to myself while grabbing my backpack and walking toward the house. "Oh good you home early." "Yeah" I kissed on the cheek and threw my bag on the couch. "Alright I'm going in for the night shift. I'll call and tell you when I get off. I should be home before you wake up for school tomorrow." she grabbed her bag and her keys. "Here let me carry it." taking the bag from her shoulder and picking her other bag off the floor. "Ma you heard from Ri today? She left school early and ion know where she went?" She just shook her head no. "I'm sure she's fine baby." "Yeah I'm sure your right." I closed her door. "Be safe." I said as she pulled out. 

Checked again for a message from Ri. Nothing. I went back into the house and grabbed something to eat. An hour later wasn't shit else on t.v. so I decided to go write some more. Ri keep asking me about this book but I ain't quite ready to tell her what's in it. I really don't think she'll get it. On top of that I can't even tell my moms about it. She always talking bout a college degree and how proud she is I'm going to college. But the truth Ion want to. I want to sing but she ain't gone wanna hear it. So for now it's just me, my notebook and my beats.

After finishing the song and a little 3 hour nap I woke up expecting somebody to be home by now. I walked down the hall and checked her room. Nah she hadn't come back. Ok I was getting worried now. I went back to my room to check my messages. Still nothing. What the fuck. It's been 8 hours and ma can't even call to let me know she alright or hell if something is wrong. I checked the house for any new messages. Nope. Alright then I guess she just gone leave me in the dark. I put the phone back on the charger and was heading back to my room when the doorbell rang. I looked through the peep hole and couldn't make out who it was. I know whoever it is better have a good ass explanation for ringing my door at 10:30 at night. "Who is it?" "Antonio." Who the fuck is antonio. "Sorry bruh I think you got the wrong house." he just continued to stand there. "Does Amerie live here?" Confusion filled my face. "Who askin?" I said opening the door to face him. "Look I only came to drop off her stuff. I ain't know if she was home but here." he said handing me her backpack. "Tell her I hope everything works out ight." he started walking away. "Aye where'd she go?" I said walking out behind him. "I dropped her off at the hospital. Ion know all the details. She just seemed in a hurry and I offered her a ride." "Which one?" Just as he was about to answer the house phone went off for the 5th time in a row. "Hold up." I ran inside and grabbed the phone. "Ma what's up?' All I heard was muffled sounds. "Ma you been crying. What's wrong?" She sniffled and finally told me "Baby.. I think you need to get down here Now!" "What's wrong??" I've asked her that 3 times and she still ain't said nothing. 'It's Layla and Joyce." Panic shot through me. "Ma.." she cut me off "August get here now! It's not good."

 I hung up the phone and grabbed my keys. "Everything good?" Damn I forgot he was still here. "I need to get to the hospital." He looked around for a second before finally saying something. "I'm goin too."

Comment! Vote! Share!

What do y'all think? Seriously tell me I love reading the comments!

Follow me on ig: auriel_xoxo

Picture of Antonio in Media

LOVE Y'ALL

-LIBRA XOXO