Chapter One

"Nate!" Bryan walked out in the dull yellow colored living room to Nathan who sat on the couch and watched TV. "Did you call Bellamy or Monty yet?"
"No. Sorry. I'll do it tomorrow- I promise."
"Alright. No rush. I'm just excited." Bryan grinned before sitting next to him. Nathan smiled at him in appreciation. They got married just a couple months ago and were very happy. "It's not that I didn't like this house but... I'm excited to do something new."
"I know what you mean. My dad wasn't thrilled about us leaving the area but I think it'd be good for us." He nodded. Bryan smiled again and stood up.
"Dinner will be ready soon." He said and left.

***

Bellamy walked in The Ark building that seemed so ordinary in a big city. A tall skyscraper with large windows and the name in large at the top.

"No, Octavia, I'm not letting you test your tazer on me!" Bellamy laughed.
"It'll only hurt for a second!" She whined. "C'mon! I just became a cop and NOTHING HAS HAPPENED."
"Not as action filled as you thought?"
"More action than selling houses." Octavia scoffed.
"Hey, there's a lot of action here."
"Bull." She laughed. Bellamy started getting another call.
"Hey, I'll call you back. Nathan's calling."
"Kay! Send him and Bryan my love!"
"Ok. Love you, O. Bye."
"Love you too." She said and hung up.
"Hey, Miller." Bellamy greeted, answering the other call.
"Hey, Bellamy. So, uh, you're still working at The Ark, right?" He asked as Bellamy got on a elevator.
"Yeah."
"Well, you see, Bryan and I decided we wanted to move out of the area and sell our starter home. Since you work in Real Estate, thought I'd talk to you or Monty." He explained. Bellamy didn't know Monty. Only knew he was in Real Estate as well and didn't work at The Ark.
"Oh, ok. I'll bring it up with my boss and see if he wants me to meet with you."
"Really?"
"Sure. I'll call you when I'm out of work."
"Thanks! Talk to you then!"
"Bye."
"Bye."

***

"Pst." Harper whispered to Monty as he was getting coffee in the break room, leaning her head in and waving him over to her. He was confused by her behavior but walked over to her. "Your cell started ringing. Thought you'd want to call whoever called back." She handed him his phone. Now he understood why she was acting secretive. They arnt supposed to take personal calls.
"Thanks." He smiled and looked at his call history as he went back to the coffee pot. Miller called. Monty put the phone to his ear.
"Monty?"
"Yeah, it's me. Sorry, I'm at work and I'm not supposed to take personal calls."
"It's ok. I just wanted to tell you about a potential sell. Bryan and I are selling our starter home and I know you're in Real Estate. Thought I'd offer it. Esspecially with Polaris struggling. I mean, I mentioned it to my friend Bellamy who's in Real Estate. But-"
"Anything helps, Nate. Thank you. I'll mention it to Ms. Griffin."
"Thanks. I'll talk to you later."
"Ok. Tell Bryan hi for me."
"Alright. Bye."
"Bye." Monty hung up. He thought for a moment. Miller was right. Polaris was struggling. Monty knew he wasn't much of an agent. He liked the more behind the scenes stuff like advertising, strategic planning, or finances. Maybe I should suggest someone else to do it. He thought.
"A personal call?" Clarke walked up smiling in her long sleeve button up shirt, black pencil skirt, and black heels before pouring a cup of coffee. Her hair was pulled back loosely in a braid. She was the daughter of the CEO but never acted like it. She was friendly but a hard worker and never allowed herself a position in the company she didn't fully earn. Clarke is our best agent, Monty thought.
"A friend just told me he's selling his starter house and is thinking about being my client." Monty explains.
"Ah. Well, good luck to you." She smiled kindly and starts to leave.
"Actually, I was thinking, if your mom agrees to it, you could represent him." He scrunched up his face as if in fear of retaliation. She looked at him confused.
"Wait, what? Why?"
"Clarke, Polaris is failing. We need every sell we can get and my friend has a pretty influential father. I think we should send our best agent and that's you."
"When did you start being strategic?" She joked. "Sure. Set up a meeting and I'll go. I haven't had a client in a while. It'd be nice to get out there again."
"Well, there's one more problem." Monty said. "My friend told me he mentioned the house to another one of his friends who is also a Real Estate Agent. So you have to convince him you know what you're doing."
"Ok." Clarke sighed, not excited to have competition. But, again, they needed the money.
"Great. I'll call him tonight and let him know." Monty grinned and walked out.