Chapter Five

Not long after, the Miller's got their house.

Clarke looked forward to seeing Bellamy after having dinner with him but was having trouble finding an excuse to see him. They were both way too good at their jobs which meant she had no professional reason to talk to him. Since they were working together, she didn't find it appropriate to ask him out- though she wanted too. The most contact she's had with him since that night was texting him to ask for Octavia's phone number. Of course, shes been texting Octavia like crazy.

To: Octavia
From: Clarke

Hey, we still on for lunch tomorrow?

To: Clarke
From: Octavia

lol I thought ur doing that painting stuff tomorrow w Bell

To: Clarke
From: Octavia

wat? he never told me lol

Clarke put her phone down on the kitchen counter to stir her Ramen noddles. Since when did he decide that? Miller got the house and moved everything in the living room out but we never discussed when we would go and paint. Clarke heard her phone ding and picked it up, expecting Octavia but was pleasantly surprised.

To: Clarke
From: Bellamy

Hey, you free tomorrow? I know it's last minute but Miller says that's the only day he'll be free this week. I ment to tell you sooner... sorry...

Clarke smiled.

To: Bellamy
From: Clarke

Sure! We should go get the paint early so we have all day to paint. Meet u at the paint store at eight?

To: Clarke
From: Bellamy

AM???

Clarke laughed.
"Who's that?" Abby walked in. Clarke sent him a yes and put her phone down.
"Uh, no one."
"Really?" Abby stood and crossed her arms.
"Yep."
"So that agent, Bellamy... you're not texting him?"
"It's for work."
"Sure."
"Mom, it is."
"Okay... but your Ramen is boiling." Abby pointed out, making Clarke stress about the noddles she forgot to stir. As Clarke stirred, the phone dinged. Clarke stopped and looked back at her phone, then her mother, then back to the phone. At once, they both went to grab it but Abby got it and turned on the lock screen where she could read the text.
"Kay. See you there. Winky face." Abby read a loud.
"Mom!" Clarke blushed and tucked her blonde hair behind her ear.
"Winky face, huh?" Abby raised an eye brow.
"Mom!" Clarke glared. Abby unlocked the phone and started messaging back. "Mom?" Clarke saw what she was doing. "Mom, stop it!" Clarke circled the counter but Abby started walking away before sending her message to Bellamy. She smiled as she handed her phone back.
"Here." Abby said carelessly. Clarke took the phone and looked at her messages.

To: Bellamy
From: Clarke

Ya, think if we have enough time, we can grab some dinner?

"Mom! He's my Co worker! This is inappropriate!" Clarke glared. Abby laughed.
"Your welcome." She said and walked away. Clarke felt her phone buz and reluctantly looked at her phone.

To: Clarke
From: Bellamy

Sure! There's a little Mexican place down the road- if you're up for it.

To: Bellamy
From: Clarke

Yum... Tacos... I'm up for it lol

To: Clarke
From: Bellamy

Great! See you there!

Clarke took notice he had, at least, decent grammer while texting. Grammer Nazi, she thought and smiled before returning to her food that some how survived the whole situation.