Chapter Eight

Bellamy was trying to shave but kept finding himself spacing out. He tried to kiss her and was rejected flatly. He couldn't stop replaying the moment in his head. Him leaning in, her pulling away and telling him goodbye before disappearing in the house. It, oddly, hurt pretty bad. He's been rejected before (and respects when he is) but it's never hurt as bad. He really thought she liked him which is why he tried anything to begin with. But she doesn't, Bellamy thought. Just then, Octavia walked in- happy as can be until seeing her brother.
"Uh, hey, Bell. You ok?"
"Fine." He breathed.
"Uh... how'd it go with Clarke last night-"
"I don't wanna talk about it." He snapped.
"Why? What hap-"
"Can we please not talk about it?" He glared at her. Octavia nodded and sat on his couch to wait for him as she got out her phone.

***

Clarke woke up the next morning and groaned to herself. She suddenly, fully realized what she did. She didn't just not kiss him- she straight up rejected him. Maybe I just misread the situation, Clarke hoped. Maybe he wasn't trying to kiss me at all and I'm freaking out over nothing! But, alas, that wasn't the case. She took a long shower and got dressed just in time to get a text:

To: Clarke
From: Octavia

Wat the hell happened last night???

A surge of panic ran through Clarke.

To: Octavia
From: Clarke

Wat do u mean???

To: Clarke
From: Octavia

Bell's acting like a freaking zombie... and he's snappy...

Clarke felt her stomach turn. While Clarke typed, and Octavia waited for a reply, Bellamy finally came out and saw Octavia texting Clarke. He went behind her and took her phone, unexpectedly.
"Hey! Give me my phone!" She tried. He looked at the screen, then at her.
"You're asking Clarke what happened?"
"Well you won't tell me." She crossed her arms. He rolled his eyes and threw the phone back at her. She sat down and kept looking at her messages. Bellamy looked over her shoulder.

To: Octavia
From: Clarke

Ugh... I think he tried to kiss me last night...

"She thinks?" Bellamy narrowed his eyes. Octavia widened them at her brother.
"You went for a kiss?"
"I thought we were having a moment! Doesn't matter now." He spat. Octavia looked back at her phone.

To: Clarke
From: Octavia

You rejected him?

To: Octavia
From: Clarke

I PANICKED! I didn't know what to do!

Bellamy took Octavia's phone and she stood on the couch to peer over his shoulder.

To: Clarke
From: Octavia

Kiss him???

Octavia took her phone back.

To: Clarke
From: Octavia

Don't you like him?

There was a longer pause for that text. Both Bellamy and Octavia waited for the repose and looked at it frantically when it came.

To: Octavia
From: Clarke

I'll tell you, but it won't matter. Even if I did like him, he probably hates me... all I could think was that I don't date Co workers and here he was, trying to make our partnership extended. I can't do anything with that in the back of my mind.

So the truth is finally out, he thought.

To: Clarke
From: Octavia

So u like him but don't want to work AND be in a relationship with him?