Chapter Seven | You made it seem that way

Chapter Seven: You made it seem that way

Amelia's pov

There is many reasons to why I keep going each day. Why I wake up each morning and feel refreshed instead of a monster, but all these things that energize me and get me pumped for anything Riverdale throws at me, they aren't like the thing that I would consider my happiness. Betty Cooper.

And you see, Betty was the teen that everyone knew and loved. She constantly tried her hardest, to be perfect to be the nice girl, and to overall put others needs before others. Betty was a generous and smart person, sadly though these traits can have their disadvantages. And becoming hurt is definitely a huge one in this story.

There was no doubt about it that Betty would cry, or break down today, I can already see it coming. She's not the typical person to do so, but when she does, I can see how it affects the people around her, including me. Archie, he would never hurt her in any other way, and I hate to admit it, but I understand what he means and if Betty really knew, she would probably understand as well.

The year that Betty told me she liked Archie, was the same year there was this guy that had asked me out. Apparently he had liked me since the second grade or something like that. When I turned him down no one saw him for days, eventually he got better and he even started talking to me again. It gives me hope that maybe Archie and Betty will be fine.

And although, Archie and Betty –in the future– may be fine, the relationship that Betty and Veronica formed over two days will not be fixed. Being completely honest, I never pictured them staying friends anyway.

Today was a new day, a new day full of mysteries and dark thoughts. Betty texted me that morning, telling me she would be attending school. One thing that for sure has been going around is that Jason Blossoms body was found that same night of the dance, with a bullet wound right to his forehead.

One thing I also noticed over the weekend was that Betty was in fact trying to forgive him, she was also trying to get her head wrapped around this whole Jason thing, like everyone else in town. Jason's killer was out there, we all knew that whoever shot him, must've done it for some odd reason. Possibly out of hate, or betrayal. Whatever it may be, I wanna get to the bottom of it.

"So you talked to him?" Leaning up against the wall, many crowds of people stood outside of the huge building, talking and meeting up with their friends.

"I asked him to walk me to school, it gave me some time to talk to him. My mom, she doesn't want me to be friends with him, or Veronica or Cheryl." By the end of her sentence her voice got quiet. Snorting a bit, I shifted my bag on my shoulder, getting a long glare from Betty.