Chapter Sixteen | A softie at heart

Chapter Sixteen: A softie at heart

Amelia's pov

After last night and what happened between Betty and I, I haven't been able to get the whole idea that we were dating out of my head. So, as a thanks for making my dream come true of finally getting with her, I got her some roses. They are so very cliche, and I don't like them, but Betty does and I think its cute how cliche she is.

"Ame, hey. What's that?" she questioned when the door flung open. I smiled at her, pushing them towards her.

"Its a thank you gift," I explained, "for last night."

She took them, brought them up to her nose and took a sniff. She smiled and looked at me.

"Thank you for going to pops? Ame, we always go. Remember, we're in an endless debt to each other from all the times we took turns buying each other meals." she chuckled and gestured for me to come in. Stepping inside, I saw Hal and Alice in the kitchen and dining room. Alice was reading a paper, I'm assuming one of her new articles, and Hal was pouring a cup of coffee as I wandered in. They had both removed their eyes from what they were doing to smile my way.

Hal and Alice always welcomed me into their home with open arms. They treated me like a daughter of their own. Betty's house was my second home.

"I already told them, is that alright?" Betty leaned over and whispered. I nodded and smiled at her, feeling her lips press against my cheek as she went into the kitchen. I slowly walked in, my cheeks burning from the bright blush I had on.

"Come sit down Amelia." Alice nodded to the chair across from her, a small place mat placed on the table in front of it. As I sat, I watched Betty fill up a vase and place the roses inside of it, Hal and her having a small conversation.

"So, how did last night go?" Alice asked curiously, her eyes peeking over the paper. I tried to hold in the massive grin I had hiding but I just couldn't.

"It went well. Actually it went very well." I said, pushing my brown hair behind my shoulders. Turning my head to the right, Betty was smiling at me while fiddling with the hem of ber shirt.

"I'm glad you did," Alice said sincerely, "but you two better get to school, you won't want to be late."

•••

"So, what happened with the playbook?" I asked, opening up a notebook and skimming through the pages. My feet were dangling off the side of my bed,t stomach flat against it with Betty to my right.

"We...burned it." Betty said, honestly, scribbling some things down on her work sheet. I looked her way, seeing her continuing her work.

"That's good, I think." I replied, finally coming to the page I had needed. We were falling behind in some of our classes so I invited Betty over so we could catch up.

"Yeah," she began, her voice trailing off, "hey, did you tell your parents yet? Like, about us?"

Smiling, I nodded quickly, "told them last night. My brothers too. Well Jared knows, haven't got time to tell Liam. Considering he doesn't live with us anymore." Chuckling, I saw Betty's lips curve into a bright smile. The same one I've known for years.

"It's been a while since I've seen Liam, how is he?" Her hand moved back to her book.

"He's doing good. Riley has him up almost all night still," I laughed, looking down at my hands, "I love them, Ben and Riley. Reminds me of a future that I could have, that we could have." At this, Betty's eyes glanced up and widened. I just smiled up at her as she turned to me.

"You mean, you and I?" She asked, her whole body turning to face me now. Nodding slowly, I sat up to face her.

"Technically, we wouldn't physically be able too, and I know we're still young and literally got together yesterday...but I guess I've got a wild imagination." Taking her hands in mine, she attempted to hide a bright blush that appeared on her face.

"You've always have. You always loved talking about your future," she reminded me like I had forgotten, "that's someone I always loved, you cared about your future. Even if you made people seem like you didn't care."

"That's just me," I smiled, "Amelia Johnson, appears as I don't give a shit, but a softie at heart."

•••

This is a really bad filler chapter, oops
Can you guys comment your thoughts on this story, I would really like to know.

And within the next couple weeks updates may be a little slow, I'm coming to the end of school and I have eqao and exams and some culminating tasks so it's kinda stressing me out, after that I'll be able to update as much as I want because SUMMER!!! Yay, lmao, alright, cya guys.

Btw, thanks for 4K :)