Chapter Twenty-Two | Match makers

Chapter Twenty-Two: Match makers

Amelia's pov

The days that followed my apology to Betty were crazy. We continued to look into Jason's murder and how it could've happened, but it led us down a completely different road. A very long, dark road.

Betty, Jughead and I managed to find Polly. But when we saw her, there was so much to tell her and so little time. Between not knowing about Jason, being pregnant and being locked up, things were hectic. I think the biggest problem of all was when the evidence we needed went up flames...and Polly disappeared.

"Okay, the sisters of quiet mercy are due north. The getaway car was west, on the old route forty." Betty announced loudly, a crowd of riverdale's residents, including our family and friends, standing before us. They all agreed to help us find Polly. I had some convincing to do with some, though.

"Closest bus station is east, on the other side is sweet water, "Jughead continued speaking, on the opposite side of Betty, "if Polly wanted to leave Riverdale unnoticed, she would've left through–"

"Right here, eversgreen forest." Betty shrugged, looking over to me then to our family and friends.

"Alright, let's get to work!" I called out, leading the way with Betty and Jughead next to me, the rest of our small group following behind us. We went on the hunt, calling out for Polly, hoping to find her. Or even just a response. But as time was going on, we knew we weren't getting anywhere.

So, I found myself a distraction.

"I see you brought your little crush along." I nudged Jarred, glancing at Stevie who was walking along side of Josie, engaged in a deep conversation about music.

"She's not my crush," Jarred protested, his dark eyes quickly shooting over to find her. Her brown hair flowed down her chest, a warm smile spread across her face. "She's just a friend."

"Yes, because 'just friends' talk about the other 24/7 to their sister when she's trying to get some sleep before she heads to school the next day where she suffers." Jarred rolled his eyes, running a hand through his hazel hair.

"You're making it really hard to deny the fact that I like her," he shot a look at me, pushing his hands into his pockets, "you're supposed to be on my side and agree with me."

"Well I'm not." I smiled, tightly. I broke away from Jarred to catch up with Betty. I was going to say some sarcastic remark to her (as usual) but was rudely interrupted by an evil pack of annoying wolves. Or as we like to call them, the Blossoms.

"Alice Cooper. Where is she?" Penelope stopped in front of Alice, her expression cold and hard. Did she really think we would be doing all of this if we knew?

"Do you think if I knew, I would be out here will all the mosquitoes?" Alice looked around, as if that was the stupidest thing she heard.

"They're fucking great," I sarcastically muttered, swatting at one that attempted to bite me.

"Face facts, mommy dearest, Polly killed Jason." Cheryl agreed, not showing any sign that it could've been someone else.

"Polly escaped once, whose saying she hasn't before. Perhaps on the day Jason got murdered." Cliff added, glancing from Hal to Alice.

"The noose is tightening around your murdering daughters neck. I know it, sheriff Keller knows it."

"Hold on now–"

"And I promise you, when we find her, and we will find her, the entire town of Riverdale will know too."

•••

"You let Cheryl take Betty?!" I whisper yelled to Veronica, furrowing my eyebrows together, my eyes going wide.

"Cheryl said she needed to talk to her, I can't control what Betty does!" Veronica argued.

"It's Cheryl! And with everything that's going on with Polly, who knows what she's saying." Sinking into the couch, Veronica across from me only rolled her eyes and sipped her coffee.

"To remove you from your panic-ey state of your girlfriend, how are you and Jarred?" Veronica crossed her leg over the other and sat back, waiting for my answer, hoping it wasn't as bad as she thought it was.

"Good. I've mainly been bugging him about Stevie." I chuckled, throwing my head back on to the couch, staring up at the circles that patterned the ceiling. Everything felt relaxing.

"Stevie?" Veronica questioned, leaning foreword. She looked more intrigued now.

"This girl he likes," pausing, I looked towards the door. Betty walked through with Jughead at her side, an idea popped into my head.

"You know what?"turning back to Ronnie, she perked up, listening carefully, "what if we played a bit of match making? You pushed Betty and I into that booth, look at us now."

Smirking, both Ronnie and I watched Betty and Jughead take a seat across from us.

"What's going on?" Betty smiled, her hands in her lap.

"Oh, nothing."

•••

I decided to finish the chapter soon because I wanted to write and writing is kinda me 'happy place' but with the stuff I was just told, I can't write.
When I'm in a better state of mind I'll try to write more and edit this chapter

—Shay