Chapter Twenty-One | Hopessly in love

Chapter Twenty-One: Hopessly in love

Amelia's pov

Archie had been right. I needed to tell Betty about everything that's been really happening over the past couple years. The scars on my arm still made me feel ashamed, I felt as if I created them from anger. Like my reason for creating them was not as important as to others. It felt like if anyone found the reason they exist, they'd say I was an idiot for harming myself over something so little. Something so small, maybe I had agreed with them though.

It had been days since I snapped, Betty had been around at school but she hadn't sat with us or spoke to any of us. I needed time, that's why I took the last couple days to distance myself from her and everything that happened. I apologized to Veronica. It went easier than expected, apparently Jughead explained about my outburst. I hated them, but in the moment I lose all control and freak out.

I kept telling myself I'd go and talk to her today, but my mind, once again, began overfilling with ways of how me talking to her could go wrong. She could snap and break up with me. She could understand and things we'll be better. Or I'll completely mess up and Betty and I won't me a thing anymore. I couldn't have stressed those enough.

Planning how the conversation would go wasn't helping either, if I were being honest, it made everything a lot worse. I had been lacking sleep in the last couple days, I also had gotten sick to my stomach thinking about everything all together.

"Amelia I'm sorry. Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry–"

"Shut up, Jarred! I get it, your sorry." I rested my head against the seat of his car, letting my long hair fall over his leather seats.

"Well I am, I didn't think she would hear me. Plus I didn't know that she didn't know." He turned to me, his brown hair flying in the wind as he drove. He had a lose white shirt on and a pair of black jeans, matched with a pair of sunglasses.

"Jarred, I get it. I should've told you what I said and what I didn't say." I explained, leaning forward to reach into my bag. I pulled a pack of gum out, popping one of the tabs and plopping the minty square into my mouth.

"Maybe I shouldn't have kept my mouth shut." I muttered, throwing the now empty package out of the car.

"Are you going to talk to her?" He questioned after a minute, taking another glance over to see if I were going to answer. I just sank into the seat, my hair flying all over my face as the wind rushed by.

"I have to," I simply replied, "if I don't, who knows what would happen. I don't want to lose her Jarred. I love her. I always have, you know that. I mean, you were the first person to know about me being lesbian, and the first person to know about my crush. I couldn't trust Liam. I love him, but he never kept a secret." Chuckling, I pushed myself back up and watched as Jarred's car rolled up to the school, a couple heads turning at my appearance. In seconds they all turned away.