Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Lauren

I woke up to the ring tone of my phone blasting on my dresser. I looked at the time. 10:00 AM. "Shit!" I cursed myself. I picked up my phone and saw that my best friend since 6th grade Amani was behind the missed calls, and I knew exactly why. It was Monday, our gym day and I overslept. We were usually in the gym by 10:30. The phone started to ring again and this time I picked up. "YES!" I yelled into the phone. "I should be yelling at you! Get your ass up! 10 minutes" she said, then hung up. I put the phone down and grunted into my sheets then finally got out of bed and made my way to my bathroom. I did my normal ritual, turn on the shower then look in the mirror and admire myself until the water got hot. I was 5'1 , light skin, long hair, couple tattoos, nice breasts and a nice bubbly plump fat ass. I looked back at myself in the mirror. "Good Morning beautiful, it's a brand new day. Kill em." I repeated. I stayed in the shower for 15 minutes, would've been longer as I wanted but I overslept and was being timed. I got dressed into my gym clothes that consisted of yoga shorts and a tank top that complimented my frame very well. I had no time for breakfast so I decided I'd stop by McDonald's or something. I grabbed my bag and my phone and stepped outside my house just in time as Amani was pulling into my driveway. I opened the door and stepped into the passenger seat. "Good morning sleeping beauty, had a nice coma?!" She mocked me. "Shutup" I joked. I was too busy munching on my muffin from Mickie D's that I didn't notice she parked in the parking lot of a completely different gym. "Where are we?" I asked. "Wanted to try something new" she replied. When we got inside the place was huge. Amani signed us in and we made our way to the treadmills, the start of our workout.

-------------------

30 minutes into our workout, is when I noticed him. Tall, sexy, broad shoulders, beautiful lips. He must come here often because I noticed he didn't have to sign in, just had an ID and walked right in and passed us into the weight lifting room. "Damn... " I sighed to myself. "What?" Amani asked. "Nothing... Lets go lift." We turned our treadmills off and made our way to the weight lifting room which I damn near ran to. "What you in a rush for?" Amani asked. "I'm not.." We walked into the weight lifting room and I spotted Mr. Goregous in the corner with some guy benching, so I made my way to the opposite side of the room so he could have a clear view of me. Amani started lifting 5 lb. weights, but since I wanted an audience I decided i'd stretch. I began doing some stripper stretches that I watch the strippers at the club I bartender for do. There were a couple other men in the weight lifting room who I had their full attention, except Mr. Gorgeous. An hour later Amani was ready to leave and I was pretty bummed out because he didn't even pay any attention to me! He looked once and I smiled a flirtatious smile but that was it. he didn't even smile back. That's never happened before.

"LAUREN!" Amani yelled and snapped me out my thoughts. "Huh?" I said. "Are you even listening?!" "Oh sorry, I am." "Mmmhm, what too busy day dreaming about the guy in the gym?" I nearly spit the shake I was sipping on out. "What?!". "You heard me! I saw the way you were looking at him since he walked through the gym doors. Lets go lift " She said, mocking me. I laughed. "You're hell." I said. I love Amani. Shes had my back since grade school and we've been tight ever since. I wouldn't trade her for the world. Amani dropped me off home cause she had to go pick her 3 year old son, my god son, from day care. I love Amani's life. Much different from mine. She's had a thing for the fabrics since diapers, and she owns her own fashion line. It's not big though, she just started last year with 3 boutiques open. 2 in Atlanta, where we live and 1 in New York her cousin runs. She has a husband and a beautiful baby boy. Perfectness. But me? I Bar tend. Its not the fast life, but I live like it. I have a beautiful big glass house, in a gated community. A beautiful sports car. I live alone, and I enjoy the club. single. no kids. How did I afford a big-ass house in a gated community and a sports car bar tending? working for tips? Lets not forget I'm beautiful. I can use my looks to get everything I want, without even having to have sex. I can sweet talk a man out of his pocket money, or all his life savings. I walked into my bathroom and decided to run a bubble-bath and got out a bottle of Moet. I soaked in the tub with my drink, my favorite thing to do. My thoughts went to the man from the gym. He was the finest man I'd layed my eyes on, and trust, I've seen ALOT of men. something in me wanted him. Those lips, that jaw line, those muscles. Damn. But why didnt he pay any attention to me?! Thats what I cant wrap my finger around. I didnt see a ring on his finger.No man can resist this. Maybe i'll just have to work harder. Next Monday. My phone buzzed and snapped me out of my thoughts. I picked it up from beside the tub and looked at who was texting me. I giggled at the message.

Travis:  Miss you beautiful, dinner? ;)

Me: I'll think about it..

Travis. One of Atlanta's sexy bachelors, that I see from time to time. He's beautiful, bald, Tall, Chocolate. He's what most women die for. I met him at the club when he came in and luckily for me, one free drink at a time sold the deal. But he is not like the man from the gym. I can't get my mind off of him...