Chapter 15

Lauren

I sat at home on my laptop watching Netflix movies all day. Its been 6 amazing months with my amazing prince. I ended up calling Amani back after our little fight. I understand she's just looking out for me, but I told her not to and she approved. I know her though, I know she's still on my back she just doesn't say anything.

After the 6th movie I was dying of boredom. I looked at the time, the clock on top of the oven read 10:28 AM.

Which meant Chris was still at work. All I ever wanted to do was talk to him. I felt like a little girl day dreaming of her and some famous guy together. I even thought about being Mrs. Lauren Smith at times. I giggled to myself when an idea popped up. I remember when I was younger in highschool I would cut out pictures of me and clip it onto the female's head in couple's pictures of sexy celerities and their partners. I thought it'd be fun to do it with Chris. I could be such a big kid at times.

I sat back and printed out a good picture of me that was saved into my laptop, now I needed one of Chris. Then it finally hit me that I had no pictures of him.

Shit.

It crossed my mind that I didnt. He never wanted to take pictures with me. It really was. Ugh forget it.

Wait. Google! I could google him! I could find pictures, High school pictures, family pictures. Everything.

I went to google and typed in "Christopher Smith".

No image results.

"The fuck? Oh come on, he cant be THAT secritive."

I sighed. I decided to look at web results for Christopher smith.

One article title caught my eye.

CHRISTOPHER DIAMOND AND TERRANCE SMITH AT GRAND OPENING....

Hmm, What do we have here? I clicked the link and was taken to a news article about some guy opening his new business with his bestfriend. But when I scrolled down to the picture, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was Christopher. It was CHRISTOPER! I just sat there staring. His name is Christopher.... Diamond? His best friend's last name is Smith. Why would he give me his best friend's last name? My heart started to best fast as i nearly smashed the words Christopher Diamond into the search bar. I saw all these articles and more. He was some rich ass business owner!

The next keywords I typed in, I was scared to press enter, but I had to.

"Christopher Diamond family."

I clicked the first article, and was taken to a whole bio page about it, I scrolled down and saw a picture of him and his mother. Then I kept scrolling and saw an old picture, from high school I'm guessing. It was him, The terrance smith guy and some girl in the middle. The caption stung me though. It read:

CHRISTOPHER DIAMOND AND LONGTIME BROTHER AND HIGH SCHOOL SWEETHEART.

Again, I nearly smashed in the keywords into the search bar. I googled "Christopher Husband Wife". It hurt typing those in. I clicked the first article again and what I read stung.

"Christopher and High school sweetheart, and Wife, Jada Diamond."

It showed a picture of Chris standing next to her. It all hit at once. I closed my laptop and chucked it to the floor.

I sat there staring then it felt like a knot formed in my throat and the tears all came at once.

"He's Married. You're his... You're his.." I couldn't even finish the sentence because I started crying so hard. I cried for 3 hours straight. Then my phone buzzed.

My love: Hey, Dinner tonight at 8? I'll pick you up. We have to talk.

You damn right we need to.

I replied then turned my phone off sulking on my living room floor for the rest of the day crying, throwing tantrums, wondering why?

Why???