46

Dating Ashton was a blur.

We had already passed so many milestones, we didn't know what to do.

He went on tour, visited me briefly, and left again.

It was a never ending cycle.

As his career began to slow down, visits became more frequent, but the same feelings were there.

The anticipation for him to come home, the longing for him to stay, the dread for the days when he left, the excitement for the days he came home.

Right now, I was feeling the third one.

Ashton was leaving tomorrow for LA where he'd be performing and being interviewed on Jimmy Fallon.

He'd only be gone for 3 days, but every time he left I'd see him in everything.

I'd notice things I never noticed like how cold the bed was with him gone, how he only used one spoon, how the muffled pounding of drums wasn't there, how he always complimented my food.

It was all gone.

At least I'd get to watch him on TV.

"Ashhhhhtonnnn," I whined.

I grabbed his arm and dragged him back into the bed.

Climbing on top of him, I lied on his bare chest, savoring the moment.

His muffled giggle made me smile.

"Let's just lay here and forget the world,"

"You got that from a song,"

"So what if I did?"

"Darling, you know I have to,"

"Doesn't mean I like thinking about it,"

I rolled off him, pouting slightly as I  watched him get up.

Ashton threw on a shirt and switched his pajama pants for jeans.

I groaned and stuffed my face in a pillow.

Ashton rolled his eyes and went over to me. Gently he rolled me over and began to leave little kisses all over my face, neck, and collar bone.

My mouth turned up into a large smile, and I gave him a sweet kiss on the lips before getting up and going to make breakfast.

"Nikki?"

I popped my head back in.

Ashton looked down at what I was wearing and raised an eyebrow.

I had Ashton's boxers on and Ashton's flannel.

"You don't mind," I replied simply, leaving to go get breakfast ready.

|||

The day consisted over lounging in various places, eating, and some other things. ;)

By the time the day began to wind down, my mood was dampening.

He was leaving. Tomorrow.

"Ugh! I know I should be used to you leaving, but you haven't gone anyway lately, and now I feel like it's the first time all over again!"

Ashton pulled me into a hug, whispering sweet nothings into my ear.

"I wasn't going to do this today, but here goes nothing,"

Ashton pulled away and got down on one knee.

I covered my mouth with my hands, tears of joy and sadness weaving together.

"I don't really have a speech prepared, so I'm just gonna say it: Nikki Braelynn Frey, will you marry me?"

"Oh my gosh, YES!"

Let's just say Jimmy and Ashton had a lot to talk about.