Chapter 1

Hani sat at the far side of the room. She doesn’t like being at the center of attention. She lazily looked outside the window, not minding the teacher in front of the class. Her teacher saw her and just shakes his head.

“Mr. Jung, this is Park Junghwa your new student.” The principal enters the room with the said Park Junghwa following her. Mr. Jung bowed and smiled at Junghwa. “Class, listen, this is your new classmate, Park Junghwa.” The teacher said, introducing Junghwa at the class. “Hi, I’m Park Junghwa and I am a transferee from Seoul High School. Please take care of me.” She said smiling brightly, which captured the attention of her classmate except to Hani, who is just looking at her blankly and back to her own world.

“Junghwa, please take a seat there.” Mr. Jung pointed at the chair in front of Hani. Junghwa made her way to her seat and smiled at Hani. Looking at Junghwa, she just stared at the girl blankly. Feeling awkward, Junghwa took her seat, tilting her head to the side.

“Don’t mind her. By the way, I am Seo Hyerin.” Hyerin introduce herself smiling at her. Junghwa looked behind her and saw Hani her chin resting on her hands, her eyes closed listening to music. “Is she really like that?” Junghwa asked to Hyerin. “Yeah. She doesn’t talk to anyone, doesn’t listen to the teachers but still gets a high score.” Nodded, she looked at their teacher.

“I’m going out.” Hani said suddenly, making their teacher to stop on teaching. She carelessly moved her chair, making a loud and creaky noise. Walking away, Junghwa is surprised on her actions. “Is that normal?” She asked catching Hyerin’s attention. “Yes. She’s always like that.” Looking at the door she sigh. “What kind of person is that?” She asked to herself tilting her head.

“There.” Hyerin pointed at the table where a girl is waving her hand. “Unnie, this is Junghwa, a new student here.” She said sitting, introducing Junghwa to the older girl. “Hi, I’m Heo Solji.” She said smiling at Junghwa, making her cheeks to round up. “Hi, I’m Park Junghwa.” The younger girl smiled at Solji. “She’s two years older than us.” Hyerin said, earning a slap from Solji.

“Hani is here.” “Oh my god she’s so good looking.” “She’s so hot.” Junghwa looked at the students around their table, talking about Hani. She spotted Hani walking directly to the counter to get food. “Is she this popular here?” Junghwa asked, earning a nod. “But she really hates being the center of attention. So she’s being mean to everyone. But even though she’s mean students here thought that’s it’s cool.” Hyerin whispered to Junghwa.

Junghwa watched as Hani took the vacant table at the far side of the cafeteria, eating silently. “Does she have any friends?” “She have. She’s in my year.” Solji said, eating her bread. “It’s her cousin, Ahn Hyojin but she’s popularly known as LE.” Solji said, pointing at the girl walking at the center of the cafeteria.

LE stopped in front of them, looking at Solji. “Later?” She asked Solji who just nod at her. “LE is my friend we make music together.” She said to Junghwa. The younger girl eat her food, still thinking of what kind of person Hani is.

“What are you thinking?” Hyerin nudge Junghwa out of her thoughts. “Nothing.” She said, giving Hyerin a reassuring smile. They stopped at the gate. “I’m going this way.” Hyerin said, pointing at the right side. “My way is here.” Junghwa said, pointing on the left side. The two exchange their goodbyes, parting their ways. While walking Junghwa saw a familiar person walking with her hands on her jacket with earphone’s plugged on her ears.

“She looks nice but deep inside? Wew.” She thought, lifting the right side of her lips while walking past Hani.

Hani saw Junghwa and she just watched the girl walked pass her.