Chapter 4

“Where are you going?” Hyerin asked Junghwa. “I’ll be right back soon. I just want to walk around since it’s break time.” Hyerin nodded smiling at Junghwa.

Walking around the school she went to the top floor which is the library is located. She went inside and surprised to see the books inside. “It’s a shame I am here for almost 2 weeks and I just got here.” She said scanning the books. The library is empty. “It seems that the students here are not into books.” She whispered her hands running through the books.

A book catches her attention and scanned it for a moment. “Hmmm.” She hummed and went to the counter to borrow the book. “Hi good afternoon.” She greeted at the librarian bowing at her. “Are this library is always empty?” She asked. “No. It’s just that it’s just that it’s break time and almost all the student is in the cafeteria. Later there will be a lot of students here.” Handling the book Junghwa bowed.

As she walked at the hallway she went to the far side of the hallway and saw a door. “Keep out.” Written on the door but it was badly written. The door was partly open. Curious she enters the door and it was the roof top of the school.

“Woah.” She said closing her eyes letting wind to kissed her cheeks. She walked further at the roof top. As she reached the far end she looked down. Watching the students. “What are you doing here?” She looked behind her and saw Hani sitting on the floor her back is resting on the wall looking at her. “You should not be here.” She said standing up. “I just saw the door. It was open so I looked.”

Smirking she shakes her head. “It’s dangerous Park Junghwa. Seeing an open door and out of curiosity you will just go inside?” Hani’s expression changed looking at her. “You shouldn’t be here.” She said. “And why? Are you the owner of this place? Is your name written somewhere here?” Junghwa said her hands crossed over her chest. “Nope.” Hani said walking closer Junghwa trapping the girl between her and the railings. “But it’s my place.” She said. “My place. My hide out.”

“Hide out?” Junghwa smirked. “What are you? A criminal?” Moving really closer Junghwa’s eyes widen as Hani is face to face with her. If she will estimate it. Hani’s face is two inches closer to hers. “Remember this. No one ever dared to talk to me like that. And to answer your question? I might be. So don’t ever comeback here.” Looking at Junghwa’s eyes, nose and down to her lips she smirked pulling away.

Watching as Hani walked away she shouted. “I’m not afraid of you Ahn Hee yeon, I don’t care if no one dared to talk back to you. And no. You can’t prevent me from going here.” Hani stopped still back facing Junghwa. “You are just a student here. We are equal in every angle. Don’t be so confident that everyone is afraid of you because you are wrong. I am not one of them and I will teach you a lesson.” Hani smirked closing the door behind her. “She’s something.” She said her hands on her pockets.

“Open the door.” LE get up on the couch. “Wait. I’m coming.” She said walking towards the door. “Eish can you just knock. You keep on shouting.” Opening the door Hani enters her cousin’s unit leaving her. “Why are you here?” LE said plopping herself on the couch. Hani rested her feet on the center table. “I don’t know where to go.” She said looking at the ceiling.

“I’m bored can you cook?” Hani said resting her feet on LE’s lap. “Eish you are really something. I am older than you but you order me around like I am the younger one.” LE said getting up. “You’re lucky I see you as my younger sister and I love you.” She said leaving Hani on the living room. Hani smiled. She knows that LE is the only person that she can count on and would never leave her.

“Unnie.” LE heard Hani said. She smiled as the latter called her Unnie. “Wae?” “Thanks.” Hani walked closer to LE who’s cooking dinner for them. She hugged the older girl. “Thanks for what?” “Knowing how rude I am to anyone including you. You are still there for me.” She said LE patted her hands. “Hee yeon-ah I’m your cousin and we are like sisters what do you expect?” Hani straighten herself smiling at her. “Still thank you. I am lucky to have a cousin like you.”

Looking at Hani she patted her head.

While eating Hani pointed her spoon to LE. “Oh Unnie.” She said catching LE’s attention. “You know your friend Park Junghwa.” “Hmmm?” Hani smiled. “What about her?” She leaned closer at Hani. “She’s different.” “Different? How?” Setting down her glass of water she looked at her cousin again. “Earlier I was at the roof then she came. She didn’t see me at first but I told her that she shouldn’t been there.”

LE let Hani talked. “She talked back at me. She said that she is not afraid of me and she will teach me a lesson. That Park Junghwa is really something.” She said shaking her head. “Before that I even sent her home because it was raining.” With wide eyes LE tapped the table. “You drive her home?” She asked earning a nod. “Woah.” She said tilting her head. “Unnie when your mother asked you if the person you brought home is your friend you will answer is?” Hani asked pointing at LE. “Yes.” “Exactly.” Hani stood up.

“But when her mother asked that she said. She’s just my classmate.” “What so different about that?” LE asked eating. “Nothing I just find her interesting. I think she hates me.” Hani said sitting back across LE. “Eish just eat you rascal.” LE said ignoring Hani.

Hani stopped her car rolling her window down. “Let’s see if who will learn her lesson first.” She said looking at Junghwa’s house. She saw the girl through their window laughing. She watched as Junghwa happily talked with her parents. She noticed that the girl is actually bubbly. Placing her left hand on her chin she smiled watching her.

She suddenly sat up straight shaking her head. “Why are you smiling?” She asked herself. Starting her car engine she looked again to Junghwa before driving away.

Junghwa looked at the window and saw a car drove off. Tilting her head she shook the thought away. “It’s not her.” She thought her attention is back with her parents again. Junghwa’s phone rings. As she looked at the caller I.D she smile. “Hello.” “Hello Junghwa!” She smiled as she heard Hyerin’s active voice. “Junghwa, LE Unnie she’s inviting us for tomorrow. She wants us to hear her new song. Wanna come?” “Sure.” Junghwa said smiling. “So let’s meet at her place then?” She asked. “Okay. I will tell Unnie about that.” Hunging up the phone she excuse herself and went to her room.

As Junghwa arrived at the building where LE is living she sat at the lounge. “Junghwa.” She looked up and saw Hyerin running towards her followed by Solji. “Hi Hyerin. Hi Unnie.” She bowed. Solji put her hands on the younger girl’s shoulder. “I heard that Hani drove you home.” Hyerin and Junghwa looked at the older girl stopping in front of the elevator. “Really?” Hyerin asked. “LE told me yesterday.”

“Uhm she saw me at the bus stop it was raining heavily.” She said pressing the up botton. “And you even invited her inside your house?” Hyerin looked at Junghwa. “It’s because she drove me home plus she gets wet when she pulled me to her car.” “So she insists?” Junghwa nodded and they hopped on the elevator.

“Is there something between you and Hani?” Junghwa looked at Solji. “Between us? No that something will never happen.” The elevator stop and Junghwa exit the elevator walking towards LE’s unit.

As the door opened the trio enters with LE. They saw Hani placing the try on the table. She’s wearing a striped shirt, jeans and a beanie. Junghwa and Hani looked at each other. The others watch the two. “Something.” Hyerin whispered at the two. “To be honest if there is really SOMETHING they look good together.” Solji said earning a nod.

“Are you starting the staring contest?” LE said walking between them.