Chapter 11

After the roof top incident Hani moved to the other seat exchanging seat with her other classmate. Still it’s located on the far side of the room but opposite side of her previous place. She occasionally steal glances on the younger girl who is ignoring and even not looking at her.

She looked at Junghwa who is talking with Hyerin. “She seems fine.” She thought leaning her head on the wall closing her eyes. “Eish! I don’t feel good.” She thought pulling her jacket closer to her body.

They came back from the cafeteria and Junghwa saw Hani sleeping with her jacket really hugging her body. “I wonder if she ate. She seems not well.” Hyerin said as they sat down. Junghwa didn’t say anything and just looked at Hani for a while then turn her attention to Hyerin.

Entering her car she rested her head on the headrest of her seat, sweat forming on her forehead. At the same time her cousin’s car passed through her but a few meters away LE stopped the car. “It’s Hani.” She said catching other’s attention. LE invited Junghwa, Hyerin and Solji to hang out on her place which they all agreed. “I’ll just check on her wait for me.” She said parking her car beside Hani’s car.

As she got out of the car she became worried seeing Hani sweaty with eyes closed catching her breath. “Hani-yah.” Hani heard her cousin and opened her eyes. “LE.” She murmured. Hani’s cheeks are pale and the older girl felt her forehead. “You’re burning.” She said worriedly. “I will take you home. You can’t drive like that.” Opening the door Hani didn’t protest.

Looking at the window they saw LE helping Hani walking towards the older girl’s car. “What’s wrong?” Solji asked opening the door helping LE to settle Hani. “She’s burning. She have fever I’m taking her home.” Junghwa looked at Hani, She noticed her pale skin and sweat on her forehead. “I can take care of myself.” Hani said. LE looked at her wearing her seatbelt. “No you can’t.” She said driving off.

Junghwa and Hani is sitting beside each other. Noticing that Hani’s head is almost leaning on her shoulder she is about to moved away but remembered that the girl is sick and let her rest her head. The trio watched as Junghwa held on Hani’s cheeks. “You’re really burning.” She whispered, concern with Hani. Getting her handkerchief she wiped off Hani’s sweat.

“Let me do it if you are not comfortable.” Hyerin said at the younger girl. “No it’s fine. She’s sick and she need someone who will take care of her.” She said looking at Hani’s face. “You really are concern to her.” Hyerin said smiling at her. “I am Unnie.” Junghwa said resting her cheeks on Hani’s forehead.

LE dropped Hyerin and Solji on their homes feeling sorry. Junghwa and LE are on her unit taking care of Hani. “I’m really sorry about what happened. I promise I will make it up to the both of you.” LE said talking with Solji over the phone. “Okay. I will go now. I’m sorry again.” Hunging up her phone she enters her room to see Junghwa wiping Hani’s forehead.

“Do you want me to send you home?” LE asked. “No. I want to stay. I want to take care of her.” LE nodded sitting on the chair beside the night stand. “Are you mad at her?” Junghwa looked her her. “I am. But with her on this state? Seeing her suffer alone? I can’t be mad at her.” She said looking at Hani. “I want to take care of her.” She said making LE smile. “You will knock some sense Hani. This girl is different.” She thought standing up. “I will just go to the kitchen and prepare something for us.” She stated earning a nod.

“How is she?” LE asked entering the room bring foods for Junghwa and Hani. “Her fever is still quite high.” She said looking at the older girl. “Eish this kid. What did she do to herself?” The two looked at the sleeping girl worriedly. “Why don’t you eat first then I will send you home.” LE said. “I can still stay.” Junghwa said. “No. It’s late. I will just update you about her. Don’t worry too much okay? Now eat.” Nodding she grabbed her food eating watching LE wiping Hani’s sweat off.

“I’m sorry I need to go now.” LE said to Junghwa. “No worries Unnie go now.” She said. She watched as the older girl’s car drove off worried about Hani. As she enters the house she greeted her parents and went upstairs to her room. “Please be well.” She said closing her eyes.

“She still sick?” Hyerin said looking at Hani’s seat. Hani is been sick for 3 days and it’s making Junghwa more worried. “I guess.” She said looking at the chair. Their teacher enters the room and the students went to their places.

“Are you going to LE Unnie’s place?” Hyerin asked. “No. Maybe tomorrow.” She said shortly. Parting ways Junghwa hold on her bag strap walking. “How is she now?” She asked tilting her head. “Is she fine?” She tighten her grip on her bag walking. “You don’t have to worry. LE Unnie is taking care of her.” She said sitting on the bus stop waiting for her ride.

“I’m home.” Junghwa said closing the door behind her. “Honey I’m here on the kitchen can you help me?” Mrs. Park said earning a nod from Junghwa as if her mother is just in front of her. “Honey can you help me cut the veggies? But first.” Mrs. Park said smiling at her. “Change your clothes and eat snack.” Junghwa nodded kissing her mother on the cheeks before going to her room.

Cutting the veggies, Junghwa was zooning out thinking about Hani. “I hope that she’s fine. But I will visit her tomorrow.” She thought shaking her head. “She will be fine Jung… Ahhhh.” She dropped the knife holding on her finger. “Ouch.” She looked at her finger and saw a cut. “What happened?” Mrs. Park said. “You cut yourself?” Junghwa nodded pouting. “Let me clean it.”

Sitting in front of her mother she zoon out again making the older Park smiled. “Is there something on your mind?” “Huh?” Her mother smiled again. “I am watching you since you came from school.” Mrs. Park said wrapping her finger. “And I noticed that you keep on shaking your head. I know that you are thinking. Mind telling me?” She said. Junghwa sigh. “It’s about Hani, Umma.” She said. “She keep on pushing people away from her. She’s too caught up on what happened to her in the past.” She said. Mrs. Park nodded listening to Junghwa.

“I can’t give you an advice about Hani’s problem but.” Mrs. Park paused holding her hand. “If you really care for her. Give her time. Make her feel that you are since to her especially on what you are feeling for her.” Junghwa’s eyes widen.

“I can feel it Junghwa. I’m your mother and I know you more than anyone else. Just remember. If what you are feeling for her is real. Trust me my baby everything that happened between you.” She shakes her head. “It doesn’t matter at all. You will forget about that and all you will be thinking is give her the best memories that will heal her past.” Mrs. Park stood up kissing her daughter on the forehead. “Go to your room. I will just call you when dinner is ready.”