Chapter 3

“Okay. That’s for today.” LE said opening the door for the three girl’s she smiled at Solji. “As always.” She said giving her a thumbs up. “Well hope that this is not the last time?” LE said referring to Junghwa who just smiled shyly at her. “Maybe?” She said. “So let’s eat first before you go home.” LE looked at Hani who is still sitting. “No. Just call me when they left.” Hani said her feet were on the table.

As LE exit her music room she sat beside Solji. “So kids what do you want to eat?” “Anything will do.” Solji said busy on her phone. “About my cousin.” LE said leaning forward to the two maknae’s. “I just want to apologize on behalf of her.” She said. “It’s okay unnie it’s not your fault.” Hyerin said showing her eye smile to LE. “If she do anything just tell me okay?” The two nodded their heads.

As the food that LE ordered arrived she went to the studio and called Hani. “Yah! Wake up and eat with us.” She said throwing pillow at Hani. “And if you didn’t stand up I will drag you.” Leaving no choice Hani stood up frowning.

“I told you to call me if they left.” Hani said her hands crossed over her chest. “Eat with us.” LE said. “I don’t want.” Hani said looking at LE. “Excuse me.” LE smiled at the trio. She approached Hani standing in front of her. “Show some respect. They are my visitors and you are in my house.” She said sternly. “Unnie I think we should take our live.” Junghwa said. LE looked at them and saw that they are standing.

“No. No one is leaving unless we eat.” She said looking straight at Hani’s eyes.

Smirking she raised her hands walking towards the couch. “So let’s eat Unnie?” She stated grabbing one slice of pizza.

“Thank you unnie.” Junghwa and Hyerin bowed at LE. “Hope there will be next time.” LE said smiling. “Be careful on your way home.” She said and the trio nodded their head. Hyerin and Solji shared the same route as for Junghwa she went with the different direction. She was walking when it rains heavily.

“Omo.” She run towards the bus stop hoping that the rain will soon subside. On the other side Hani was on her way home when she saw Junghwa standing on the bus stop. She reduce the speed of her car watching the girl. “No umbrella?” She said but pass at Junghwa.

The rain became more stronger. Looking at the mirror she saw Junghwa looking around worriedly. Making a U turn she stopped in front of the bus stop, rolling the window down.

“You.” She said catching Junghwa’s attention. Junghwa looked at her confused. “Get in the car.” She said but the younger girl shakes her head. “I’m fine.” “Get in the car.” She repeated but the younger girl rejects her offer again. “Eish this girl.” She sigh. Opening the car door she rushed towards Junghwa. “What are you doing?” Hani looked at her. “I told you to get in the car.” She said grabbing Junghwa’s hand.

“Let go of me. I’m fine just go home.” Hani shakes her head and pulled Junghwa towards her car. Opening the door she pushed Junghwa inside. The younger girl watched as Hani run towards the driver side. As Hani closed the door she grabbed something at the passenger side of the car. She tossed the towel to Junghwa. “Dry yourself.” Junghwa looked at her puzzled. “Where do you live?” Hani said starting the engine.

“Stop right here.” Junghwa pointed and Hani stopped the car. The rain stopped and Junghwa looked at her. “You should come inside first.” She stated unbuckling the seatbelt. “Why should I?” Hani said not looking at her. “You need to dry yourself first.” She smirked. “No need.” Sighing she looked at Hani. “Do you want me to drag you just like what you did earlier?” Surprised at what the younger girl said she crossed her hands over her chest. “Really?” Getting pissed off more. Junghwa got out of the car and rushed towards Hani. Opening the door she forcefully dragged the latter inside her house.

Hani was surprised at the girl’s action and let her to drag her.

“I’m home.” Junghwa said opening the door. “Close the door.” She ordered Hani. Closing the door behind her she looked around the house. The house was simple but cozy. “Sit there and wait for me.” Junghwa rushed towards her room to grab some towel and new clothes. “Hi?” Hani was surprised at the voice and saw a woman standing at the hallway. “Hi.” She stood up and bowed. “Junghwanie’s friend?” The woman smiled at Hani warmly.

“No just classmate.” Junghwa said handling Hani the things that she is holding. “The bathroom is on the left side second door there.” She pointed pushing Hani towards the bathroom.

“Who is that?” Junghwa’s mother asked. “A classmate. Ahn Hee yeon.” She said. “I see. Not friend? Just classmate?” Shaking her head her mother stood up. “I will just prepare us food.” Junghwa’s mother enters the kitchen and Junghwa changed her clothes.

Soon Hani came out of the bathroom her hair is wet. “Oh Hee yeon-ssi why don’t you eat dinner with us.” “Uhm sorry I can’t.” Hani said bowing. “Please stay just for dinner. Let’s say it’s giving thanks for giving my Junghwanie a ride.” Junghwa’s mother pulled Hani towards the table. “Please make yourself at home.” Hani nodded taking a seat across Junghwa.

While eating Hani looked at Junghwa and her mother’s interaction. “Hee yeon-ssi try this.” Junghwa’s mother put meat on Hani’s plate. “Thank you.” She said smiling slightly at the older woman. Junghwa saw Hani’s smile and it’s her first time to see her smiled. “I admit she have the looks.” She said taking a bite on her meat.

Junghwa walked Hani towards her car. “Thank you for the ride.” Junghwa said. “Thanks for the dinner.” Hani said shortly reaching her car she bowed at her. “I’ll go.” She said walking towards the driver seat driving off.

As she went to her room she directly went to her bed laying. “Why did she do that?” She asked herself hugging her pillow. “Maybe because I’m her cousin’s friend.” She shrugged closing her eyes. “But even so she’s still mean.”

Looking at the picture on her night stand she smiled sadly. “Do you know Umma, I met a woman. She’s like you.” She said looking at the woman in the picture. “She’s caring and loving as you. I hope that you are still here.” She hugged the picture laying on the bed. “I love you Umma.” She said closing her eyes.