Chapter 10

Hani enters the room which made Junghwa smiled. “Hi.” She greeted Hani but the latter just ignored her. Looking at Hyerin she frowned. “What’s wrong with her? If I greet her she would greet me back.” “As I told you she’s unpredictable.” Hyerin said looking at Hani who is sitting looking outside.

As Hani enters the room she saw Junghwa smiled at her. “Ignore her.” She thought. “Hi.” Junghwa greeted her but ignored the younger girl. “Yep. That’s right just go to your seat and don’t EVER look at her.” She pull out her phone, plugging the earphones looking outside. “Just ignore her. What you are feeling is wrong.” She said to herself closing her eyes.

Days passed and Junghwa noticed that Hani is avoiding her even giving her a cold shoulder. “Hi.” She greeted Hani trying to make a conversation. Hani looked at her closing the book. “What?” She said putting the book down beside her. “Are you alright? You seem off this past few days.”

Receiving no respondes Junghwa sat beside Hani which accidentally brushed her hands to the older girl. Feeling her hand she stood up. “Where are you going?” Hani grabbed her things. “It’s none of your business.” She said coldly. “Hey what’s wrong with you? You keep on giving me cold shoulder and you even ignore me. Did I do something wrong?” Looking at the younger girl, Junghwa saw the coldness of Hani’s stare.

“I don’t need to explain to you. You are not even my friend and…. And why are you keep on bugging me? Can you just… Just get loss? I don’t want to see your face.” She said, back facing Junghwa. “Don’t bother me anymore.” She said walking away.

Junghwa watch as Hani walked away leaving her in awe. “You are not even my friend and… Can you just… Just get loss? I don’t want to see your face.” Those words keep on repeating on her mind and she felt hurt. “I…. I thought we are friends.” She said closing her eyes.

“That’s my place.” They heard Hani’s voice echoed on the cafeteria catching everyone’s attention. “But… the place is full we can share this table.” The girl with embarrassed expression on her face. “I don’t want to share with anybody and it’s not my problem that this god damn place is full. Just get out of here.” Hani shouted making the girl cry.

“What’s wrong with her?” Solji asked looking at Hani. She looked at Junghwa and saw the girl not paying attention at what is happening. “Hey do you know what happened to Hani? She seems on the bad mood this past few days.” Hyerin carefully asked tapping her shoulder. “Huh? No I don’t know what happened to her. And I don’t care.” She   said taking the two girls by surprise.

Going back to the room Junghwa didn’t even look at Hani who is busy playing on her phone. On the other hand Hani distracted herself by playing on her phone but the scene that happened on the roof of the school keep on playing on her head. “Did I go too far?” She asked looking at Junghwa’s back. “I need to do this. What is happening to me is wrong.” She paused. “I shouldn’t let myself to be close with her. Or to anyone.” Resting her head on the armchair she closed her eyes calming herself. Trying to decrease her heartbeat.

“Yah! Why did you do that earlier? You know that you can share table with Solji and the others.” Junghwa heard LE’s voice. “I don’t like sharing.” Hani said plainly. Peeking at the door she saw the two facing each other with Hani’s arm folded on her chest while LE’s hands is on her waist.

“You embarrassed her. Do you want to add her to the list of students that dropped out of this school?” “It’s not my problem LE. It’s their mistake that they keep on crossing paths with me.” LE sigh massaging the bridge of her nose. “You know what. I am tired of you.” LE said walking away. “Yeah, You are just the same of them. Walking away from me.”

Hearing what Hani said LE faced her. “From the star Hee yeon I’ve been with you. Keep on pushing you on the right way but instead of listening to me. You keep on thinking that all of us will leave you.” Seeing the tension between the two Junghwa pushed the door.

Seeing Junghwa Hani smirked. “Looks like there is someone who likes the show. Isn’t Junghwa-ssi?” “Why are you like that? Talking with your cousin like that?” Junghwa asked walking towards Hani. “You know what? I’m out. I don’t want to talk about stupid things like this.” Hani said walking away.

"Why do you need to be so mean to everyone?" Junghwa asked holding on Hani's hand preventing the girl to walk away.

"Because I don't want to be close with anybody." She answered making Junghwa surprised.

"Why?" Hani laugh bitterly pulling out her hand.

"Why? You are asking me why?" She said facing Junghwa. "It's because I am afraid that everyone that I got to be close will leave me. Leave me completely all alone. Just like my parents." She said her hands ball into fist. 

"Now can you please leave me alone?" She said walking away.

“No I can’t.” Junghwa said holding on her hand. Hani stopped looking at Junghwa and hers hand. “Let go.” Hani said pulling her hand. “No!” Junghwa said. LE looked at the two and at the same time Solji and Hyerin arrived seeing the commotion. “I said let go of me.” Hani screamed but the grip on her wrist tighten even more. “No. I can’t there is somethings that I want to be clear with. The things that you told me when you are with me at my house. The feelings that you can’t describe. The feelings that you can’t explain.” Junghwa said with loud voice. “Why? Why do you need to know? Why is it important to you huh? Tell me.”

“Because I feel it too Hani. All the things you’ve said? I feel it too. I don’t know what is it and I hate you for making me feel that way.” Tears falls on Junghwa’s eyes and Hani faced the younger girl with wide eyes.

The trio, Solji, LE and Hyerin was shocked as they heard what Junghwa said but remain silent. “I don’t know what is it but when I am with you I feel that I need to protect you from getting hurt. From feeling all alone. For feeling sad and I want to be the person that you can lean on except for your cousin. It hurts me when you keep on pushing me away and I hate you even more for that.” The grip on Hani’s wrist lose and the duo remain rotted on their place.

“You are too caught up of your past that you forget to open yourself with others that are willing to be with you. Yes Hee yeon I am willing to be with you. To be the person that you can count on. But I guess that will never happen. I hate you. I feel disgusted just by looking at you. You are hopeless.” Junghwa said before running away followed by Solji, Hyerin and LE who just looked at Hani.

“Are you…. Alright?” Solji asked the crying girl caressing her back. “Is it true? What you told her it’s true right?” Hyerin asked earning a nod from Junghwa. “This is my first time feeling this and I guess it’s on the wrong person.” “Hani is not the wrong person to be felt with that kind of feeelings. It’s just that she need to be open with others. Being in love with her is not wrong Junghwa.” Hearing the word in love makes her eyes grew widely. “Is this??” “Yes what you are feeling for her? Is not just a simple crush. You are in love with her. Same goes to her. I know I’m not on the right place to say that. But when I see the two of you? I know that there is something.” Solji said which Hyerin approved.

“She feels the same.” Hani said closing her eyes. “What should I do?” She lay on her stomach resting her head on her arm. “Still I won’t.” She said closing her eyes.