Getting Them Home

When Callie got them to the train station (NM) the tickets were 60 dollars a piece, Callie never new that train tickets could be so expensive and she knew that she only had enough money for one ticket. The wallets she got had 86 dollars in total in them, she'd counted it twice when Lincoln needed a break on their way to the train station. If she bought one ticket she wasn't sure if they would let Lincoln on with out buying him a ticket too, she was just going to have to chance it. When Callie got to the train the attendant asked for her ticket and she gave him the one, and then he asked for Lincoln's'. Callie didn't know what to do. "Please, I only had enough money for the one ticket, I just want to get home. He can sit on my lap, he won't be any trouble," she pleaded with him. He must have saw the desperation in her eyes because he says, "I'm not supposed to do this, but just hold him with you. Hope you two get home safely." Callie doesn't know how to thank him enough, "Thank you," she says getting on the train and finding her seat. She still has 10 minutes before the train departs and feels nervous as the two seats next to her are filled by people. When the train starts and takes off, Callie lets out a breath she'd been holding in for a while. She was going home, she and Lincoln were now safe. They were closer to freedom than they had been in a while.

Lincoln fell asleep on the train and Callie was happy for that. Maybe when he woke up they could be home. (home: San Diego, CA, 16 hrs) After eight hours Callie was starting to question if the train idea was the best, but it was the only option that would have panned out with the money she had, she knew that she couldn't get on a plane without id, and especially with Lincoln. They would think she was kidnapping him or something. Some part of Callie realized that technically that was exactly what she was doing but she just wanted to get home. It was her and Lincoln against the world and she wasn't going to leave him behind. He hadn't talked much about his family, but from what she got out of him during their time together he didn't really have anything to go back to. From what she understood, his mom was one of the girls in the there with them, but the men had separated them taking Lincoln, keeping him and sending his mom somewhere else or they did something much worse; Callie just knew that Lincoln really didn't have anyone but her and she wasn't going anywhere yet.

When the train docked in San Diego Callie was nervous to say the least. She knew that it was going to be a couple of hours before she could get home, and she knew that Lincoln had to be hungry by now; she knew that she was. When they got off the train she went to the map and tried to figure out the best way to get home. It was then when she realized that her dad's house was much closer to the station then her moms' house. It would take them several hours to get to moms but only twenty minutes to get to the Quinns (Robert, Jill, Sophia). As Callie walked the way to her dad's house she tried to think of what she was going to say to them. She hadn't talked to him in months and that was before she was taken. What was she going to say to them? How was she going to try and explain anything?