Conversation with Mariana

Callie gets Lincoln settled in the living room and puts on The Lion King on the TV, hopefully the movie will distract Lincoln for a little bit; all she wants to do is go and take a bath. Stef is sitting on the couch and before Callie goes upstairs to the bathroom she sees Lincoln inch closer to her mom, ending up with his head on her chest. She hears him mutter something about "Callies' Momma," but she didn't stick around to hear the rest of it, just smiles and heads upstairs knowing that Lincoln was safe with her Moms. As Callie goes into her and Mariana's room she sees that her bed isn't changed, she was wondering if they would get rid of her stuff or not. "Hey," Mariana says from her bed.

"It's all the same," Callie mutters going over to her old dresser grabbing sweats and a shirt.

"I didn't want to change it. We knew that you were coming back," Mariana says scooting to the edge of her bed. Callie goes over to the bathroom and starts the bath, everything was still where it was before. As she starts the bath Mariana comes over to the bathroom door, "What happened?"

Callie looks over at her not sure what to say. "I screwed up," she says stopping the water and starts to get undressed, not caring if anyone was around; she didn't have the luxury of privacy before and Mariana is her sister so she doesn't care, and slips into the tub. "Mom was supposed to track my phone, but he switched the vans and she followed the wrong car," Callie says pulling her hair up and putting her head against the back of the tub.

"Oh," is all that Mariana can say. "Who's Lincoln?"

"His mom was one of the girls there," Callie says looking over at Mariana, "I don't really know what happened to her after, but she never came back so that probably means she's dead. I was trying to keep Lincoln safe, keep him safe from him. He didn't deserve to have to be raised there, and he's already had eight years in that place; maybe now he can be a normal kid."

"He spent his whole life there? Where were you? How'd you get back here?" Mariana asks.

Callie says, "From what I know I'm pretty sure that he was raised in motel rooms, that his mom was taken away and never came back; he was trying to stay out of the way, that's why he lasted as long as he did. When I came there, he wouldn't talk, it was conditioned in him not to; that he would get hurt if he did. I think I was one of the first girls to actually try and help him, keep him safe."

"How'd you guys get back here?" Mariana asks again.

Callie looks over at her, "We were at a hospital in New Mexico, I pick-pocketed a few guys and got some money to get a train ticket to LA. I almost didn't make it; I only had enough money for one ticket. But luckily the ticket guy let me take Lincoln with me with just the one ticket."