3:38am

Solitaire

3:38am

When I woke up, I was in a hospital. Tubes were going in and out of my body and the pain was something I don't want to describe right now. It was dark and quiet and I began to panic as my mind tried to remember what happened.

The door opened and my dad came in. His face was weary, wrinkled, tired, stressed but none the less sad. He was disappointed. 

"What were you and your friends doing now?" he asked, rubbing his forehead. 

"Maurice had some ciragettes," I said through my sore throat. "I was leaving - "

"Did you smoke any of them?" he demanded harshly.

"No," I whimpered. "I was leaving and then I was going to cross the street." I began to pant heavily, remembering what had happened. "There was this car coming... Kurt!" I gasped, looking around the dark room. "Kurt, is he all right?"

My dad shook his head. "Is that all that happened?"

"Where's Kut? Is he all right? Did he get hurt?" I cried, looking around.

"Answer my question!" my dad roared, banging his fist down on the table next to me. "Kurt is none of your business and neither are all your little friends!" he cursed under his breath. "I knew you shouldn't have gotten close to them but your mother said that you needed a chance..." he cursed louder.

"You'll never see those friends again," he said as he headed towards the door. After he left, I lay there, in the darkness, wondering what just happened.

I reached for my cane, feeling numbly around in the darkness but it wasn't there for me. Someone must have taken it. I'd have to find it later.

I began to cry, laying under my covers and sniffling quietly, wishing I could understand what was going on.

Then, the door opened. I hoped it was Kurt or something but instead it was Damien.

"Oh, here you are!" he whispered excitedly, running in next to me. "You shoulda seen what happened - "

"Where's Kurt?" I whimpered. Instead, he asked, "Why are you crying? Are you in pain or something?" he made a face at all the tubes and instruments around me. 

"Where's Kurt?" I repeated.

"I dunno." he shrugged. "But anyway, I heard that your dad's gonna put us in jail or something! Can you believe it? Jail?" I shook my head, trying to shake those thoughts away. I didn't want to think about that right now.

"Is he... Dead?" I whispered.

"Who?" Damien said.

"Kurt!" I literally screamed at him. "Your best friend! Where is he?"

Damien frowned, scowling down at him. "He's not my friend, Robin. He's no ones friend." and he turned and headed to the door. "See ya later." and he was gone. 

It would be a while before I saw Kurt again. A really, really, really long while.